Chocolate, Banana, and Coconut Muffins
Makes 12 (I ended up making 18)
– 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
– 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup cocoa
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup coconut milk
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 2 cups mashed banana (I used 4 bananas)
– 200 dark chocolate, chopped
– icing sugar, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180Â°C. Grease muffin tins.
2. Place flour, coconut, sugar, and cocoa in a large bowl and mix to combine. Add the egg, vanilla, coconut milk, oil, banana, and chocolate. Using a butter knife, mix until just combined.
3. Spoon the mixture into muffin tins. Cook for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer (if you’re testing with a skewer remember that if it doesn’t come out clean it could just be the melted chocolate, so try a few different spots to make sure).
4. Set aside to cool for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
Original recipe by Donna Hay