Happy New Year! I hope you’re all well and sans any major hangovers. I slept through New Years celebrations so, yeah, party animal right here. I’m greeting 2014 with open arms because, in short, 2013 went down as the shittest year on record. My dad passed away in September after his lymphoma relapsed and, if that wasn’t bad enough, my aunt recently passed away after suffering a ruptured aneurysm on Christmas day. It’s been a rough couple of months but I’m hopeful that 2014 will be much kinder and brighter. Here’s to health, happiness, and making memories.
I saw this sign by Lilywillow Designs at the Skeleton Leaf stall at the Finders Keepers Markets
yesterday and thought it would make for a relevant Monday post. I’m not the biggest fan of weekday-related status updates. For example, if you’re going to write “TGIF” every Friday without fail then I will be forced to hide you from my Facebook feed. Same goes for complaining about Mondays. Everybody hates Mondays. Or something like that. But you know what? Monday doesn’t last forever and soon enough it’ll be Tuesday and you won’t have anything to complain about (until next Monday but in case you haven’t realised this whole days of the week thing is cyclical and there’s no way out so the sooner you get used to that idea the better). So, chin up buttercup. Stop whining and start sending out some happy vibes. The people who have to read your status updates will thank you for it. Trust me.
Image taken on an iPhone 4 and edited with the VSCO Cam app.
1. Always buying cacti. I limited myself to a red and pink one but think I’ll have to go back for yellow.
2. Never not wearing my leopard print Gorman tee these days.
3. How to decorate a wire fence Ã la Depo.
4. A much needed coffee after enduring what can only be described as the longest neighbourhood party ever.
5. Pastel skies never go out of fashion.
6. The sights you see around West End. There’s always a bit something left of centre.
Find me on Instagram @sophsthings