I snapped this close up of Spencer Finch’s The Light at Lascaux (Cave Entrance)
while I was at GoMA the other week
. I’ve featured it previously on the blog
and was so happy to see it on display again. I’m a sucker for a light installation. Anyway, onto my monthly round up of links and things for December. December!
– Voting for Triple J’s Hottest 100 has opened and I’m busily compiling my shortlist of favourite songs for the year.
– The second trailer for Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel has been released. Such a tease.
– This DIY Christmas cracker pinata from Frankie.
– The bizarrely awesome 3D knitwear from Soot’s AW14 collection.
– Brag Vintage for a comprehensive range of vintage clothing.
– Furniture that looks like giant sweets and candy from Kollektive Plus Zwei.
– As is my annual tradition, The O.C. Mix 3: ‘Have a Very Merry Chrismukkah’ has been my soundtrack for the month.
Wishing everyone a very happy holidays and if I don’t blog before then, happy new year too!
Summer is just days away and in anticipation I’ve put together a few summer essentials. I bought the pineapple bikini
from Cotton On last year but haven’t had a chance to bust it out yet (always pun intended). Fingers crossed I can manage a few beach trips around Christmas and New Years. Or at least mooch around a pool somewhere. Anyway, the following is a round up of internet things that have grabbed my attention this month.
– Home-Work’s Pozible campaign. Home-Work is the newest venture by the co-founders of Harvest Workroom and Textiles. The campaign is to fund their new range and pledges are rewarded with some super cool gifts. The campaign ends soon so get in quick!
– Gorman homewares. I’m spending more and more money on homewares and this Gorman range really speaks to me. If ever I needed a money tree, it’s right now.
– Prada presents “Castello Cavalcanti” by Wes Anderson. Firstly, Jason Schwartzman, always. Secondly, hurry up The Grand Budapest Hotel.
– The Fade Away EP by Best Coast. It’s definitely going to be getting a lot of play this summer.
– Discogs. I’ve been scouring it for new records to add to my small but growing collection.
– O bliss jewellery. I came across their stall at the Finders Keepers Markets and really like the simplicity of their sterling silver designs.
– Miss Moss’s epic round up of 2014 calendars. I had planned on buying the Frankie 2014 calendar but now I’m not sure. There are just so many options!
I can’t believe there’s basically only two more months left of the year. Now’s that time when Christmas decorations are creeping into stores and New Years Eve plans are starting to be panicked over. I feel like November through to December is akin to cramming before an exam. Everyone seems to be rushing to buy presents, attend events, or generally fit in as much as they can before either the 25th or the 31st of December. So these are a few things that are keeping me sane as I begin to hyperventilate over the end of the year.
– Building up my record collection. Yes, I buy records now. I saw this record player on the cheap and couldn’t not buy it!
– I finally succumbed to creating a Facebook page
for the blog. Funnily enough, I like using it more than my personal page.
My September has been a pretty tumultuous one, to say the least. So blogging has taken somewhat of a backseat to life and stuff. My motivation to blog has been pretty much non-existent and creatively, I’ve hit a bit of a wall. My computer has also recently died so that hasn’t helped with things either. It might take me a while to get back into the swing of things while I buy a new laptop (yay) and recover all my files (ugh). In the meantime, here are a few links to some super cool things.
– Cute discovery of the month goes to the Stay Home Club
. Excellent choice of name and equally excellent illustrated clothing, accessories, and homewares.
– The Mood Indigo
trailer. I’ve been waiting and waiting for it to show here in Australia, and it’s currently in limited release.
– Magic carpet yoga mats
. I’ve been meaning to get back into yoga and pilates, and these yoga mats are definitely my kind of gym gear.
– Make sure you enter my Set That giveaway
. You could win yourself a Lomo La Sardina camera, Rebecca Minkoff clutch, or a Madewell necklace. The odds are looking pretty good and you’ve got until October 7 to enter!
I’ve resolved to use my film cameras more often and currently have three on the go. The trouble with that is that by rotating through them it’s taking me longer to finish off even just one roll of film. To remedy my lack of film photos I’ve been playing around with my Instax Mini
more often. And while about 60% of my photos so far have been misses, I think I’m finally getting the hang of it. The two shots above are probably my favourite ones so far. Anyway, the following is a round up of stuff that has caught my attention this past month:
– The Colour Palette Generator, via Fieldguided. Now everything has to have a colour palette.
– Gorman’s Spring 2013 lookbook (but seriously, when aren’t I lusting over all of the Gorman things?)
– Pastel Oxford shoes by Golden Ponies. Thanks to Christina for the tip off.
– More leopard print, this time in the form of Limedrop’s rosewood jewellery collection.
– Paracosm by Washed Out, such a perfectly spaced out album.
– Kinga Burza’s Iceland photo diary. Cue extreme case of wanderlust.
– Ideas at the House featuring Tavi Gevinson. Bummed I couldn’t make it to her Sydney or Melbourne talks but thanks to the wonders of modern technology it’s like I was basically there!