Hello? Anybody still here? It’s admittedly been a while since my last post. Sometimes blogging funks creep up on you like that. You’ll go to write a post but then feel like there’s already so much similar content out there. Or things just won’t come together in the right way so you end up abandoning an idea. Or you’re hit with cyclonic weather that isn’t really conducive to taking photographs. Then the next thing you know it’s been weeks since your last blog post. Oops. That’s not to say that I’ve been absent from the internet because, reader, I am still falling into as many internet rabbit holes as ever. These are some things that have piqued my interest lately.
– I love me some glitter earrings and for the month of April Each to Own will be donating all profits from the sale of their ‘Bright Day’ earrings to the Tweed Mayoral Appeal Fund to help those in Northern NSW affected by floods in the aftermath of Cyclone Debbie.
– Did you know that millenial pink is a thing? While this colour trend has been on the radar for some time, I only came across this phrase the other day. Whatever you want to call it, I’m totally down with it.
– Autumn finally seems to have arrived and I’ve embraced wide leg crop pants for the season. I found a pair at Uniqlo and every time I wear them I get compliments (i.e. the ultimate litmus test that you have made the right purchase).
– There’s just something about motels that make them ripe for photographing. This collection of photographs of mid-century modern motels by Tyler Haughey is no exception.
– Anyone else listened to the S-Town podcast? I kind of missed the boat with Serial but I found myself hooked on this. So many feels/things I need to be resolved.
– Want to know what the best time to go to sleep is? There’s a sleep calculator for that.
– I’m always on the lookout for chocolate cookie recipes and I really want to try this Double Chocolate Cookies recipe from Plate Got Ate.
Image: Tyler Haughey via frankie magazine
When it comes to makeup I’m always trying out different brands in search of ~the best~ products. As such, I haven’t always had a set beauty routine or holy grail products that I’d happily rave about. Until now. I love having a sticky beak into other people’s beauty kits and makeup routines so I thought it was only right that I offer up the same opportunity. I don’t like my makeup to feel too heavy so some of the main criteria products have to pass is that they’re lightweight and easy to use. A few of these products I’ve only started using in the past couple of months but I’ve already decided that they’re here to stay. These are the products that I find myself using on the daily.
As far as interior decorating trends go, indoor plants are back in a big way. While I love the look of lush indoor greenery, I’m not the biggest green thumb so I’ve found myself looking at plant books for guidance and inspiration. My most current acquisitions include Indoor Green: Living With Plants
by Bree Claffey and an old beat-up copy of The Complete Book of Houseplants & Indoor Gardening
. Luckily there’s no shortage of books about plants out at the moment and these are a few others that I have my eye on.
House of Plants by Caro Langton and Rose Ray; Loose Leaf by Wona Bae and Charlie Lawler; Urban Jungle by Igor Josifovic and Judith De Graaf; Wonder Plants by Irene Schampaert.
Do you have any plant books that you’d recommend for the aspiring indoor gardener?