Last weekend I trekked it over to my happy place aka the Gallery of Modern Art. Their latest showcase exhibition ‘Harvest’ is a celebration of food in art. An art exhibition focusing on food? It’s like these guys can see into my mind (and stomach). The collection features pieces from GoMA’s extensive collection as well as major new acquisitions. I did recognise a few pieces from past exhibitions like Xu Zhen’s ShanghART Supermarket installation which, by coincidence, is another manifestation of one of my happy places – Asian supermarkets. My favourite pieces included Shirana Shahbazi’s Still life: Coconut and other things and the absolutely bonkers Pineapple Express! display by Fallen Fruit that featured an assortment of pineapple-y items from local contributors. The exhibition is free and runs until September 21.
1. Shirana Shahbazi / Still life: Coconut and other things 2009
2. Tracey Moffatt / First jobs series 2008
3. Tomás Saraceno / Biosphere works 2009
4. Tomás Saraceno / Biosphere works 2009
5. Michel Tuffery / Povi tau vaga (The challenge) 1999
6. Fallen Fruit / Fallen Fruit of Brisbane: Pineapple Express! 2014
Images taken on an iPhone 4 (waiting… waiting… waiting… for the iPhone 6) and edited in Photoshop.