How Do You Brew?

It would seem that I like my coffee colourful and cute. These days I can’t leave a homewares store without purchasing something and this KeepCup and Bodum French press are my latest acquisitions. Because, seriously, how can you say no to this kind of cute? My latest coffee find has been Mannya Trading Co. which is one of the latest initiatives of the Cotton On Foundation. The company uses direct trade principles and works hand in hand with farmers in Uganda, and all gross profits from coffee sales goes back into the project to help fund education and facilities for farmers. On top of that, if their Kabingo Twanzane blend is anything to go by, the coffee is pretty darn tasty. The only bone I have to pick is that the ground coffee is very fine, which probably makes it more suitable to a pour over/filter method. Next time I’ll probably buy whole beans and get them ground coarser. At home I tend to use a French press because I feel that a) instant coffee is gross and b) coffee machines are a bit of a hassle for the home. Also, I’m not too sure how I feel about pod coffee. It just seems like glamourised instant coffee and very wasteful. I am keen to try the pour over method though so if you have any tips to impart that would be most helpful. How do you brew?

1. Tee October 28, 2014

Such cute houseware! Love the pastel colors. French press is my weapon of choice 🙂

Tee @ http://www.Rotten-One.com

2. Drea October 29, 2014

So. Cute. In love with that French Press! I'm a FP kinda girl too – so easy to use and non-fiddly!

Drea xo
    dreasjunkyard.blogspot.co.uk

• soph // and other things October 30, 2014

The French press is part of a series of cute designs for Bodum's 70th anniversary but I can't seem to find a link for it online! They should be available from big department stores though.

3. Matthew Pike November 10, 2014

French press is my prefered method at home and I to have a Boden one, but mine is totally clear/glass. Such a sweet image this one. I find some are too fine for the French press too, it does seem to differ. Haven't been on your blog in ages, seems like I keep missing new posts.

Buckets & Spades

• soph // and other things November 11, 2014

It's hard when store bought coffees don't specify the grind – I found a coffee grinder the other day so thinking I might just start buying whole beans and grinding to suit.

I have slowed down on the posting so that might explain why they're a bit easier to miss.

4. John Setrodipo November 16, 2014

AMAZING

l absolutely fell in love with your blog, following you!<3
    Make sure you also check out my blog and follow me as well.

Love John Setrodipo

5. soph // and other things November 23, 2014

Thanks! I will be sure to check it out.

6. […] from top left: – Redecker olive wood salad servers – Keep Cup brew reusable coffee cup: I use my Keep Cup all the time, not only at home but out and about. […]