Karen Walker A/W 2014

These days I tend to skim through fashion week coverage, and even then I only really check out the labels that I know I’m going to like anyway. Such as Karen Walker. I’m consistently drawn to the Karen Walker aesthetic and this collection, inspired by suffragettes, is no different. Crisp collars, midi skirts, and easy-to-wear shifts are exactly what I want to be wearing come autumn. That first navy/denim collared dress especially. My vote goes to you, Karen Walker.

[Images: style.com, drawings my own]

1. devorelebeaumonstre. February 18, 2014

love these!

devorelebeaumonstre.com xx

2. monique February 18, 2014

Love her outfits!

3. jamie-lee February 18, 2014

Ugh it's just so good isn't it? Made me feel guilty even buying anything from the current season as now all I can think of is saving up to buy plenty next… haha.

• soph // and other things February 20, 2014

I got prematurely excited because I noticed the new season was available but then realised it was for Utopia and not this one haha

4. moira February 18, 2014

i used to be obsessed with fashion show reports but nowadays karen walker is one of the handful i actually check, and she makes fashion magic happen everytime! her inspiration this year is especially amazing

5. Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark February 18, 2014

I agree about not checking much anymore, Karen Walker is one of the few that stand out to me as being consistently good season after season. Part of it I think is that I can envision myself and my friends wearing her clothes because despite being beautiful designer pieces they are made with the actual wearer in mind.

• soph // and other things February 20, 2014

Wearability is definitely a big factor. Sometimes I look at certain 'ready to wear' collections and think "really? that's wearable?"

6. She February 18, 2014

I love the silhouettes of this collection, Karen Walker never disappoints.

7. Carolyn West February 18, 2014

Ugh I love Karen Walker! I love the way she mixes classic feminine pieces with flattering lines and modern print.

8. Winnie February 19, 2014

Love the shapes, prints and colours! I have skipped a lot of official coverage so it's nice to see coverage on blogs!

9. I was just about to do a KW post. Every collection she produces hits the nail on the head and i shed a tear for the money i dont have! I am diggin her prints and her fabric choices. xE

10. Matthew Pike February 20, 2014

All about the denim stuff for me too. I tend to like the more muted vibes.

Buckets & Spades

11. AVY February 22, 2014

Gorgeous, love the last black dress and the way the fabrics fall.

/Avy

♥

12. Bianca February 23, 2014

KarenWalker is phenomenal! xx

blancheneve.blogspot.com

13. Diana Campbell February 24, 2014

I love the waist detail in that first denim dress. And the contrasting collar. And the bag!

14. Sandy Joe March 11, 2014

Karen Walker can do no wrong! Gorgeous.

xThe Pretty Secrets