all i want for xmas

I was out for dinner the other night and towards the end of our meal Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You started playing. At first I was all “woo hoo” and then I was like “wait, it’s November”. I guess this means it’s time for Christmas gift guides to start popping up all over blogs and the internet in general. To be honest, I never use those guides to buy gifts for others. I mostly end up buying stuff for myself. Christmas in my family isn’t a really big deal and buying presents has never been at the forefront of celebrations. So, in lieu of receiving presents from others, I’ve formulated a list of things I’ll be gifting myself. Either prior to, for, or in the post-Christmas sales. Because #treatyoself.

1. Être Cécile Cheetah Stripe tank top (similar: here). I’ve already ordered one. It was definitely one of those ‘social media made me do it’ type purchases.
2. Seed Heritage sling back slides in ocelot print.
3. Rifle Paper Co. illustrated Paris print.
4. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens. I recently bought a new Canon DSLR. Being new to the Canon family, I’m only using a kit lens at the moment but definitely want to pick up a few new lenses soon i.e. when the budget allows. Any recommendations are most welcome.
5. The Wes Anderson Collection book. Because I am a Wes Anderson film junkie.
6. Status Anxiety Lila wallet. I’m desperately in need of a new wallet but every time I go to buy one I come up empty (I can be very particular about things like this). This one looks like a pretty good contender though.

1. Cute!! XX

2. Matthew Pike November 27, 2013

I feel like we're all talking about xmas a bit earlier this year, no bother though. I enjoy sharing finds and enjoy yours too dude. I really want that Wes Anderson book, just know it will be ace.

Buckets & Spades

• soph // and other things November 28, 2013

It seems to be unavailable on Book Depository which is a bummer. Might have to *shock horror* buy it in store.

3. Erika Raxworthy November 27, 2013

I'm horrible at buying gifts for others – I always end up buying myself all the pretty things. Also, if you can swing it you should go for the f1.4 instead of f1.8 – I've always regretted not getting that one.

• soph // and other things November 28, 2013

The f1.8 is out of my budget at the moment but I've definitely been eyeing it off! Maybe if I find a good offer *fingers crossed*

4. jamie-lee November 27, 2013

The Seed Heritage slides, yes please. I spotted those and almost bit the bullet on them during VOSN but stopped myself, and am wishing I hadn't. They're gorgeous!

5. Mallory November 28, 2013

I bought the Wes Anderson book for myself and it is even greater than I thought it would be. A worthy purchase / thing to wishlist.

• soph // and other things November 28, 2013

I keep hearing good things about it. I'm so excited! I don't think I'll be able to hold out till Christmas haha

6. Jes November 28, 2013

I LOVE that tee too! What camera did you use previously hun?

• soph // and other things November 29, 2013

I previously used a hybrid Panasonic Lumix camera. Went for the DSLR because I wanted more control over settings etc.

7. Trendy Jewelry December 1, 2013

Loved the clutch… very trendy accessory.

trendy jewelry

8. Aubrey Daquinag December 4, 2013

Oh I love those seed heritage flats! 🙂 Aubrey x

9. Cëe December 4, 2013

Oh I'm sure if you get the 50mm lens, you'll love it to death! I got mine and use it most of the time. Takes perfect pictures! x