overalls 4 lyfe

I bought these overalls from Glassons under the pretence of needing a costume for a 90s themed party. But let’s be honest, I just really really really wanted a pair of proper overalls after wearing my denim overall dress to death. I’ve been loving kicking around in these overalls on weekends. I even wore them out one Saturday night to dinner teamed with a leather jacket. Cue “oh no she di’ints”. Oh yes, yes I did. I hereby pledge my allegiance to the school of overalls.

Overalls: Glassons (similar here and here)
Shoes: The Horse (similar colour here and similar style here
T-shirt: probably Dotti, I cut the itchy tags off long ago
Scent: I’m not really wearing it but if it was the 90s it would have been Tommy Girl haha

The Horse have introduced a citrus patent version of these “Beverly” shoes for summer and I’m so tempted by them. It’s okay to have the same shoe in different colours, right?

1. Totally okay to double up on shoes. I Had a 90's lunch the other day, out came the overalls, surprisingly they fit, they are now never going back to the back of my closet!

x Eloise – Jazzlipsandtulips

2. Christina August 12, 2013

I love overalls too! Maybe not the trousers version on me, but I can't get enough of my shorts overalls and I've been eyeing pinafores for weeks..! You should check on goldenponies as well, she has similar leather oxfords in any color you want!

• soph // and other things August 13, 2013

Love a good denim pinafore – they're perfect for summer. I'm also on the hunt for short overalls too. Will definitely check out goldenponies. Thanks for the tip!

3. Lindsey Louise Bales August 12, 2013

ah, i adore your shoes and their color! i also love overalls! i have never owned a pair besides shorts, but i would love to find a long pair like yours for fall!

lindsey louise

hellomrrabbitblog.com

• soph // and other things August 13, 2013

I am addicted to them! Dreading when summer hits and I'll have to shelve them but I'm sure a pair of short overalls will take their place haha

4. Jane August 12, 2013

You look awesome, I love them! I remember trying on overalls excitedly when they came on a couple of years ago and feeling so upset when I looked terrible in them haha. I haven't gone near overalls since, maybe it's time to try them again.

• soph // and other things August 13, 2013

I tried on quite a few pairs before I settled on these ones. Some of them were just blah so I think it's just about finding the right cut and design. I like that these ones are fairly fitted through the leg so they're just that bit sleeker and more grown up than the baggy overalls I used to wear as a kid.

5. Kay Brady August 12, 2013

I am with youthere hun i have a pair of overalls (mine are a bit tight around the middle) but i would never get rid of them.
    Mine go with everything and anything x

• soph // and other things August 13, 2013

Yep! These are definitely now staples in my wardobe. And even if they go out of fashion again I'll keep them for the next time they make a comeback haha

6. lavelle August 12, 2013

LOVE love love!

You look awesome. I love the nod to the 90s.

7. head over heels August 13, 2013

i'm still undecided on full length dungarees but yours do look really cute! x

• soph // and other things August 13, 2013

Thanks! I umm-ed and ahh-ed over them for quite some time but once I tried them there was no going back haha

8. Matthew Pike August 13, 2013

I think they're great! We call the dungarees here, not actually sure why though as "overalls" has it all covered. They look top notch

9. bibprofessor August 15, 2013

when you have felt the joy and ability to breathe all the way down wearing overalls, nothing can keep you away from wearing them more or less all the time, they are simply the best thing to wear, myself wearing them every day for business, leisure, parties etc. overall greetings from Niels

10. Hannah Gottlieb-Graham August 28, 2013

You are too adorable for words. Love your style!

Xo, Hannah