bite-sized brisbane

If you follow me in Instagram, you’ll know that I’m occasionally prone to posting pictures of meals. I’m still awkward about whipping out my phone to take a quick snap (I don’t know how food bloggers do it, seriously) but every now and then I’ll make the effort just for fun. So I thought I’d compile a list of places that I frequent in Brisbane, as told by Instagram. Plus a few more that aren’t pictured but deserve a mention anyway.

1. Alfredo’s Pizzeria in Fortitude Valley. Dedicated pizza joint. One of the pizzas is called “the pizza formerly known as Prince”. That right there should have you convinced that this place is worth a visit. Also check out The Burrow in West End to satisfy your pizza cravings.
2. Alfred & Constance in Fortitude Valley. Right next door to Alfredo’s. Good for drinks and food but can get busy at night. I prefer going during the day on weekends and leaving before it gets too hectic.
3. Alfred & Constance again. I discovered the dessert menu. Hello calories.
4. Campos Coffee in Fortitude Valley. For all of the coffee things, basically. And food (I’m a frequent bruncher). Expect a queue during peak times.
5. Campos again. Also, juices!
6. Mondo Organics in West End. If you haven’t guessed from their name, organic ingredients is their schtick. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner but be sure to check opening times as they vary throughout the week.
7. Sourced Grocer in Teneriffe. Part cafe/part grocer. Great for coffees and quick eats, as well as fresh produce and gourmet goods.
8. Guzman y Gomez Mexican Taqueria, found in numerous locations. This is probably the closest I get to eating fast food these days. But it’s the best kind. Also, frozen margaritas and sangria!
9. Hoo Ha Bar in South Brisbane. A chilled out cafe/bar. Great for coffee and snacks during the day (and salted caramel milkshakes, ahem) and drinks at night.

And a few favourites that aren’t pictured here but still deserve a mention:
– The Gun Shop cafe in West End. It’s a Brisbane institution. I don’t think they’ve ever let me down. Be prepared to queue in the mornings for breakfast. But they do take bookings for dinner.
– Pearl Cafe in Woolloongabba. Good coffee and good food. That’s about all you need to know.
– The Davies Park Markets in West End. Takes place on Saturday mornings and is a great way to start the weekend. Grab breakfast from one of the food stalls and pick up your groceries for the week ahead. Although if you hate crowds then you should probably avoid it.
– At Sixes and Sevens in Fortitude Valley. Bar/restaurant. Chilled set-up, plus excellent use of an astro turf lawn.
– Piaf at Southbank. I usually steer clear of restaurants on Grey St but Piaf is an exception.
– Mizu in Teneriffe and West End. Simple set-up but great Japanese food.
Harajuku Gyoza in Fortitude Valley. Long after the hype, I still love it. Probably the happiest place in Brisbane.
– The Bowery in Fortitude Valley. Always, forever, for cocktails.

1. Mani August 8, 2013

Oh my goodness, all these food photos are making me salivate! It's a shame that I live so far away, but I'm definitely bookmarking this for the next time I visit Brisbane ๐Ÿ™‚

2. tee&fame August 8, 2013

OHMYGOD YUM.
    I love insty food posts ut yes, I also feel awkward taking a snap. Especially when with friends who don't have instagram. Haha!

x Stace

3. Farrah August 8, 2013

All the foods look so good mmmm

4. Sandra Costa August 8, 2013

This pizza looks delicious.

5. Simple Sophie August 8, 2013

ahhh this post has made me so hungry, lovely pictures, if only it was easy for me to visit Brisbane! ox

6. abigailalicex August 8, 2013

Now I'm hungry….! http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

7. AVY August 8, 2013

That pizza looks amazing, and I'm not even hungry.

/Avy

โ™ฅ

8. Matthew Pike August 8, 2013

I love salted caramel, only had ice cream but a milkshake sounds like my kinda fun. Saw the pizza on instagram, yum

9. gaby August 9, 2013

This looks so delicious!! Creative way to serve the mexican food love it!

Gaby

morefashion-gaby.blogspot.mx

10. Jayfizz August 9, 2013

Went to Alfredo's for the first time last week and it is awesome! Alfred and Constance just felt like a massive house party where I knew no one though haha.

+1 for sixes and sevens! Ah so many great places opening in Brisbane I am loving it!

• soph // and other things August 9, 2013

I feel Alfredo's is going to become a regular for me. I have to work my way through the menu! hahaI

11. Megan August 11, 2013

I so appreciated your Brisbane recommedations when I went! I get a bit funny about taking food photos too but I love seeing what people are eating, it inspires me to try new things or new places so will whip out the iphone when its something especially delicious ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Amy @ Eat Pray Workout August 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing Soph! I am excited to try some of these other cafes/restaurants. I've been to the Sourced Grocer: http://eatprayworkout.com/the-sourced-grocer/
    and love the markets in Davies park – I go regularly! I havn't looked around West End much yet but really want to.
    Put aside the awkward…its worth it for the blog, that's what I always say ๐Ÿ˜‰

13. Lisa August 20, 2013

That pizza at the top looks amaaaazing.

14. Thomas Maloney August 20, 2014

I tend to be the same away about taking pictures of my food, but I've found it extremely useful when you've found an eatery in Brisbane that's worth going back to. I can always refer to my photos in storage and be reminded of what a lovely meal I've had.