red stripes & vogue

I swear half of the female population of Australia owns this Sportsgirl striped t-shirt by now. Fact: I own both the navy and red versions (they were on sale for $15 each, as if I wasn’t going to buy them). Also, Sofia Coppola! Vogue! Matching red lippy things! I bought this issue of Vogue Australia solely because the delightful Ms. Coppola was on the cover. Although, I’ve had a flick through and apart from her article and a short profile on Tavi Gevinson I’d have to say that this issue is pretty blergh.

Also, it would be un-Australian of me not to own a little red tube of Lucas’ Papaw Ointment. Perfectly paired with this Stila lip colour I purchased on a whim.

1. Taylor July 16, 2013

Haha yup I have both the navy and the red. I may also have the long sleeve versions. In both colours. It was too good a deal to resist!

2. jennie July 16, 2013

I think if I lived in Australia I would also have one of the striped tshirts, so pretty!

Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

3. Helena July 16, 2013

I was also so tempted to buy Vogue for Sofia! If the whole issue isn't great, then maaaybe not…

• Yeaahh save yourself $10. Most of the mag reads like one big L'Oreal ad. And I know that mags are basically all ads anyway but when it's not glaringly obvious I don't seem to mind as much lol.

4. Whoa red is your color! I want that shirt so bad ahhh, its perfecto.

5. tee&fame July 17, 2013

Ummm I actually do not own one! I want to now 😀

• I was wearing the navy one the other day and saw two other girls wearing the same tee in the space of about 10 minutes :/ Still, it's a pretty excellent striped tee.

6. Matthew Pike July 17, 2013

I'd bin off Vogue if I were you then, clearly not worth it. It's a nice tee, I can see why it's so popular.

• Yeah Vogue Oz is hardly anything too special – we usually get lots of reprints etc. Just a pity that the insides didn't match what I thought was a pretty excellent outside.

7. Monique C July 17, 2013

I am not a huge fan of Vogue at all – I find it kind of blah and really inaccessible. I would rather read Madison or something – the same kind of editorials just more to read!

• This is the second time I've bought it this year (the first was the Gatsby issue). Before that I hadn't touched Vogue since 2009. Like you, I'd rather read something with a bit more substance and much more accessible!

8. RDYN! July 17, 2013

I don't think Australian Vogue or magazines tend to ahve great quality in them. However I may just be biased.

I am a believer that lucas pawpaw is the cure for everything!

• I find a lot of the big glossies to be quite blah. The niche mags can be pretty good value though.

9. Jane July 18, 2013

Haha I love the colour theme in this post. Darn it, I love that tshirt but I never saw it at any Sportsgirls – I would've definitely snapped a couple up!

10. Carolyn July 20, 2013

Haha I bought that shirt last week because it was on sale! I couldn't find the navy one though, worst luck! I would have preferred it in navy! Nevertheless, it's a very comfy top! I've been debating buying the issue because I love Sofia Coppola and Tavi Gevinson. Hopefully there are some pretty pictures to make up for the 'blahness' of the issue.