When I visited Paris two years ago, our trip was timed so that we left France two days before Bastille Day. You could say this was a bit of an oversight on our part. The apartment we were staying in was just around the corner from Place de la Bastille so we would have been smack bang in the middle of Bastille Day celebrations. Anyway, I took tonnes of photos on my trip but only shared a few on this blog in the immediate post-trip blogging aftermath. Because it’s Bastille Day, and in keeping with the theme of all things French, I thought I’d share a few more random snaps from my time in the French capital.
1. I see you, Eiffel Tower.
2. The Notre-Dame Cathedral in the midst of summer visitor crowds.
3. Staring out onto the Seine.
4. Looking out over Paris from the second viewing platform of the Eiffel Tower.
5. Saint-Sulpice church. I mainly remember there being dead pigeons around the fountain.
6. Stumbling upon the Luxembourg Gardens.
7. Despite staying just around the corner, I didn’t actually take any photos of the Place de la Bastille. The closest I got was this shot of the Génie de la Liberté’s behind, which I took from our apartment window while testing the zoom on my camera.