kitten studies

Since learning that the Rijksmuseum have posted most of their art collections online, I’ve spent hours browsing the site and marvelling over the works of Rembrandt, Vermeer, and van Gogh, among others. In an unusual move, especially in this day and age of copyright laws, the museum allows you to download high resolution images of art works at no cost via the Rijksstudio part of the site. Since the internet makes it difficult to control the use of images, the director of collections explains that they’d rather have the public use good quality images of art works rather than bad reproductions. Fair enough. Despite having several masterpieces at my finger tips I, of course, had to go and download pictures of cats. Because we all know that’s what the internet is really for.

1. So glad i read this! I know what ill be spending the next 500 hours doing. When you said we all know what the internet is for all i could think was CATS CATS CATS haha!
    x Eloise – Jazzlipsandtulips

2. Hannah June 6, 2013

My thoughts exactly.

3. It was as true then as it is now…everyone loves a picture of a cat. Plus I fully agree that the sole purpose of the Internet is cat pics.

Thanks for the link, I intend to spend the entire weekend browsing their collections!

• soph (owl vs. dove) June 10, 2013

It's so addictive. If only all museums were as thorough with their online catalogues. I would be in heaven!

4. Louise June 6, 2013

Often I feel so wrong being Dutch, there is so much associated with this weird culture. But when someone starts about the museums and artists from here, I instantly feel proud. If you ever get the chance to come to Amsterdam, visit the new Rijksmuseum. I think you'll love it.

• soph (owl vs. dove) June 10, 2013

I'm so sad I wasn't able to go to Amsterdam last time I was in Europe. I'd love to visit!

5. Daydream Lily June 13, 2013

omg these are totally awesome, I know what I'll be checking out today!! hahah cats own the internet.

6. Sandra Costa June 14, 2013

I'm going to take a look at the collection, right now!

7. Janelle Burger June 20, 2013

i want a kitten now ^_^

• One of these days I'm going to go out shopping for something like groceries and instead come home with a cat. I just know it.

8. Mat June 20, 2013