harper’s bazaar 15th anniversary

I’m a sucker for a glossy magazine and was quite excited for the 15th anniversary collector’s issues from Harper’s Bazaar AustraliaIf there’s anything guaranteed to coerce me into buying something it’s a collector’s issue or anything “limited edition”. I’m not the only one either, if the amount of Instagram snaps I’ve seen of this issue are anything to go by. After a good fifteen minutes sorting through the stacks of different covers at the news agency, I finally decided on the artwork by Alber Elbaz. It was a tough choice between covers by Collette Dinnigan and Romance Was Born, but in the end I couldn’t resist Alber’s quirky illustrations.

1. Simple Sophie February 22, 2013

i love the graphics for this magazine, definitely a good cover artwork choice! ox

2. eliza February 22, 2013

I am loving this issue. All the covers are gorgeous, I ended up deciding on the Hermes one, but I loved the Romance Was Born and Alber Elbaz ones too!

3. Farrah February 23, 2013

Wow these covers are really nice!! It's nice to see something different from the standard single person posing….

• soph (owl vs. dove) February 23, 2013

The illustrated covers definitely remind me of something from a bygone era of fashion publishing.

4. Catherine February 23, 2013

Hi Soph, It's been a while since I checked in and said hi – so HI! The blog's looing great and I was so tempted by this glossy too… but couldn't justify the AUS prices… might have to look into joining the local library!

Hope you're well!

x Catherine @ The Spring

• soph (owl vs. dove) February 23, 2013

Hi Catherine! Thanks for checking in. I have to admit I baulked at the cover of the mag + supplement but it was a good way to get rid of all the coinage that was weighing down my purse haha. I was quite excited to find my local library stocked Russh and Interview magazines so good idea!

5. LRB February 24, 2013

Gorgeous cover, love the artwork.

6. gaby February 24, 2013

The cover it`s simple and full of colours love it!!!

morefashion-gaby.blogspot.mx

7. herecomesthesun February 26, 2013

Hey Soph!

Great news 🙂 You won the Lonely Hears giveaway on my blog!

Can you please email me with your sizing and postal details?

Yay!!