roundup: the blackout challenge

Well, I survived a week of not wearing black. This is just a compilation of outfit snapshots throughout the week that were posted either to Instagram, Twitter, or this blog. I repeated the red pants/white shirt combination so I left it out here, and also for the sake of symmetry. While I prefer my clothing on the colourful side anyway, I can’t wait to start wearing black shoes and bags again! They were without a doubt the hardest habit to kick in this Black Out wardrobe challenge.

1. Katie December 3, 2012

I absolutely love the bag in the fourth and fifth photos! Where did you get it from? 🙂

• soph (owl vs. dove) December 4, 2012

I bought the bag from some local markets but I'm pretty sure they're sourced from Thailand so if you keep an eye out for these kinds of stalls you might be able to get something similar. Alternatively I've seen a few similar styles of bags from This Is Not A Mall. Hope that helps!

2. Hannah December 3, 2012

This is a great idea, I really should try this myself…I always reach for black first! Great photographs you look gorgeous in every one of them!

• soph (owl vs. dove) December 4, 2012

I'm definitely not going to take my black skirt/jeans/pants/shoes for granted after this challenge haha

3. Jane December 3, 2012

Wow you did a really good job! I don't think it would even be possible for me, basically all my shoes are black…

• soph (owl vs. dove) December 4, 2012

I basically rotated between a neutral pair of points and ballet pumps all week!

4. Rachel, Cold Knees December 3, 2012

fab outfits.. I literally only own black shoes/boots/sandals bar maybe 1 pair.. so this would be hard for me!x

5. Justalazymorning December 3, 2012

very cute

6. Barbara December 3, 2012

I think that blue and orange really suit you!

7. Mon Amie December 4, 2012

I think if anything was learned from the challenge, it is that we don't realise how much we rely on black until it is gone!

You did so well, love all of the outfits!

8. jamie-lee December 7, 2012

I think you did a really great job, I love the fact that you went more with bold and bright colours rather than lots of navy (like I probably would have!) and the bright punchy bags? I love them!

• soph (owl vs. dove) December 8, 2012

Thanks lovely! Going through my wardrobe for the week it turns out I own a lot of white shirts and orange things – never really noticed that before haha

9. Viking mode December 8, 2012

Love the color's and everything. all of the outfits are beautiful, especially the orange dress!

vikingmode.blogspot.com