holiday reads

Just a few books and magazines that I’ll be reading over the holidays. I started reading The Beautiful and Damned some weeks ago but it’s taken me a while to really get stuck into it. Rookie Yearbook One was an early Christmas present to myself and I picked up Yen for the first time in a year or so thanks to the complimentary mix CD and Grimes cover. What’s currently on your reading list?

1. Chelle | The Feather Den December 21, 2012

I've started Sartre's about 3 or 4 times now and can never finish it! I'm currently attempting that one again. I realllly want the Rookie book, though!

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

2. jessie December 21, 2012

love the photos! 🙂 I'm reading The Return of the King by Tolkien (again) haha, and I really need to get started on Murakami's 1Q94 but too bad, I left it at university! haha

<3Jessie

• soph (owl vs. dove) December 22, 2012

So weird – I watched ROTK on TV last night. It's been ages since I read the books. Might hit up The Hobbit again too in time for the movie haha

3. Rachel Urquhart December 21, 2012

The Beautiful and Damned is worth pushing on for… I'd love to see what articles and content are in the Rookie yearbook. Summer holidays always make me want to revisit old favourites… I think Infinite Jest this year, and hopefully more Joan Didion.
    Raych x

• soph (owl vs. dove) December 22, 2012

I keep getting that advice about Beautiful and Damned. Must keep going. There's just SO MUCH stuff in the Rookie yearbook. Maybe I should do a favourite bits post once I've gotten through it all!

4. Daydream Lily December 21, 2012

Im reading Fitzgerald too!! love his books. and I did the same thing as you got the latest yen for the mix on the front, haha. yay for holidays!!

5. casper+pearl December 23, 2012

amazing! must get the rookie year book!

lots of love from the c&p girls,
    the casper&pearl blog

6. Mustika December 23, 2012

nice blog dear! want to follow each other? 🙂

7. Michelle December 26, 2012

So tempted to get Rookie!

8. Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark December 27, 2012

I kinda felt like a complete failure for my inability to finish The Beautiful and the Damned. I just, couldn't get into it :/
    Currently I'm reading a book of short stories about New York that my grandparents gave me for Christmas.