outfits: sherbet

Vintage skirt, Topshop shoes, bag from markets*, Michelle Oh rings, Keep Resin bangle, Mombasa necklace worn as bracelet
Day 3 of the Black Out wardrobe challenge, and I channelled some sherbet. I tend to uniform-ise (did I just make up a word?) weekday outfits so so far it’s been a white shirt and khaki pants, a white sleeveless shirt with red pants, and now a white shirt with an orange skirt. I’ve worn the same shoes everyday too since they’re pretty much the only ones that go with these lighter outfits. I initially thought the challenge was going to be cake walk, since my wardrobe is pretty colourful as is, and at the beginning of the challenge I decided to use what was already in my wardrobe and not buy anything new. However, I soon realised most of my colourful stuff was more winter or weekend appropriate. That said, I think I’ll have enough outfit options to last through to the end of the week and will be posting snippets on Twitter and Instagram since I don’t have the motivation to do outfit posts everyday. Sorry/not sorry. Is anyone else taking part in the challenge? How are you finding it?

* I think we can all excuse the black strap considering the sheer madness of the bag, right? Right?

1. Megan November 28, 2012

this challenge is such a good idea – love the orange skirt! i dont think i wear that much black but i bet if i did something like this i would soon relaise i do wear it alot, or rely on it to wear with more crazy pieces.

• soph (owl vs. dove) November 29, 2012

For me it's just the little things – like black shoes and bags. Although it is hard when you get in one of those moods and can't fall back on a black outfit.

2. Megan November 28, 2012

3. eliza November 28, 2012

I love this! Your orange skirt is amazing and I love the groovy accessories. This challenge is really cool! I'm not doing it but I am enjoying the non-black outfit inspiration!

• soph (owl vs. dove) November 29, 2012

Glad you like. I decided to just go mad with the accessories – midweek boost haha

4. tee&fame November 28, 2012

I'm doing the blackout too – only posted one outfit thus far and it's day 3. oops. I haven't been wearing black though!

• soph (owl vs. dove) November 29, 2012

Haha I feel ya. I'm in the same boat just have to remember to snap something on my phone each day. Those doing blog posts every day are champions!

5. Rachel, Cold Knees November 28, 2012

love the colours going on here, that bag is amazing. xx

6. Mon Amie November 28, 2012

This is incredible Soph! LOVE the accessories! It's funny how you realize how much black you have when you are banned from it!

• soph (owl vs. dove) November 29, 2012

Thanks! Shoes/accessories are the hardest I'm finding. Black everything haha

7. Mat November 29, 2012

you're really going for the colours in this one

8. A Z R O ॐ W I November 29, 2012

I wished I owned your entire wardrobe!

azroswi.blogspot.com

9. Daydream Lily November 29, 2012

I actually own very little black, so i think i would be ok. but does the no black include shoes/ might have trouble there. Totally love that bag!!!

10. Jo N November 29, 2012

In love with the bag!

11. laura liy November 29, 2012

definitely think we can forgive the strap 😉 that bag is a work of art! crushing on the whole outfit!

i think the hardest part for me has been the shoes, I rely on my black ones so much! and I dont have that many coloured pairs… helps my sister is staying with me at the moment!

Im loving this challenge so much! very much enjoying seeing everyone's creations!

• soph (owl vs. dove) November 30, 2012

Black bags and shoes are my staple so it's definitely harder finding different ones to pair with with everything. It's definitely been a refreshing challenge!

12. kit and nancy. November 29, 2012

that orange just pops on you! beautiful! loving that bag too…what markets are we talking about here? westend? have seen them in stores but would love to buy from the original source. just gorgeous. happy friday! xx

• soph (owl vs. dove) November 30, 2012

Yep! West End markets. They had a bunch of different styles. I forget what they call themselves tho 😐 but I'm sure you'll be able to find them just by looking out for all the bright colours haha

13. gaby February 20, 2013

Fabolous challenge, I will take it too!!!
    I own lots of black clothes but I only use at night
    due the hot weather in my city, cost of Mexico!!
    Brilliant idea of yours!!!

morefashio-gaby.blogspot.mx