outfits: go-to

Old striped t-shirt; Evil Twin skirt c/o General Pants; Limedrop necklace; Watch c/o Daniel Wellington; Stila lip colour; Target ballet flats

When I’m feeling unimaginative with my outfits, my go-to outfit of a striped shirt and black skirt always seems to do the trick. The number of striped shirts and black skirts in my wardrobe is actually becoming quite ridiculous. Topped off with some fun accessories like this Limedrop necklace (which was a gift from the lovely Liss of Daydream Lily and Jen of Stylemilk) and a bright red lip, you can’t really go wrong. The arrival of my new Daniel Wellington watch last week was also quite timely (ha! puns!) since my other two watches are broken. It’s pretty slick and preppy and it’s been a permanent fixture on my wrist the past couple of days. If you’re interested in getting your own, you can use the code sophia to get 15% off items in the Daniel Wellington web store.
Anyway, my trusty fall back outfit will not be an option next week as I’m taking part in the Black Out Challenge where myself and a few other bloggers will attempt to eliminate black from our wardrobes for an entire week. Scary, I know, but I think I can pull it off. If you’d like to take part or just keep up with everybody’s efforts be sure to check out Mon from Mon Amie’s comprehensive guide to the challenge!

1. Hannah Percyowl November 22, 2012

Oooo what a cool challenge. I personally have the problem where I need to wear black but don't have anything, haha! Although I'm trying to turn that around a little. Black pencil skirts however, are a staple for work since I'm a secretary.
    I believe that Karen Walker always uses navy blue as her 'black'. I personally like this because sometimes I feel black is too harsh for my skin tone.
    Looking good – you hair looks so sleek and nice…

• soph (owl vs. dove) November 22, 2012

Navy is the best. I can see myself cheating and wearing navy in place of black hahaha. (Also, hair is currently frizzing due to humidity. Sigh. It was good while it lasted).

2. Mon Amie November 22, 2012

Aw bless – thanks for the mention lovely!

I think you look gorgeous in your black outfits, so I am excited to see what you will do with some colour!

Mon

3. Mary November 22, 2012

Wow – what a challenge! I don't think that I could do it, honestly, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you and the other bloggers wear! I love your outfit and watch too (so sleek and cool) x

4. jamie-lee November 22, 2012

I love this sort of outfit – absolutely stunning! And good luck with the black out challenge, I think I could probably do with a bit less black in my day to day wear!

5. Justalazymorning November 22, 2012

beautiful necklace!

6. Your Only Black Swan November 22, 2012

Adore your Limedrop necklace!! The perfect eclectic detail for any outfit. Looks great teamed up with the stripes too!

Oh my that Black Out Challenge sounds well.. challenging!! I always wear something black – that would be a hard for me to do. Looking forward to seeing it all unfold.

x Lauren
    youronlyblackswan.com

7. Mat November 22, 2012

that's one slick watch dude

8. jessica konstantinos November 23, 2012

my striped shirt is quickly becoming my go-to too ๐Ÿ™‚ love a good staple!

love the black out challendge idea – might try it myself!

jess

9. Daydream Lily November 26, 2012

love your style!!! think ill have to keep the other necklace we have like this ๐Ÿ˜›

• soph (owl vs. dove) November 26, 2012

Ahh I wear it so much! I have a pair of shorts with a similar geometric print and I swear the necklace and the shorts were made for each other haha

10. LVS November 28, 2012

Snap! I'm a stripy top & black skirt kinda gal too. My man thinks that the days I wear stripes I smile more subconsciously! ๐Ÿ™‚