project: street style

Today I had the pleasure of attending the finale of Westfield Chermside’s Project: Street Style. Over the past few weeks Westfield stylists had been scouting the centre for fashionable customers and today those finalists got to showcase a few fun looks based on this season’s trends as set by the stylists. The entire event was pretty relaxed and was a great chance to catch up with fellow bloggers Sammi of Chase Dakota and Tasfia and Fabliha of Inside In, Inside Out (top photo). It was held at Gerard’s Bistro and can I just say, the food was amazing. If you’re in Brisbane, check it out stat. Anyway, the winner (floral dress/blazer combo in the second photo) walked away with a $1000 gift card and each runner up got a $200 gift card for their efforts. Happy vibes all ’round.

My vote went to the guy in the matching print get-up. Men take note: this is how you dress for an Australian summer.

1. Fabliha September 27, 2012

Yay! It was so great hanging with you at the event today 😀 hopefully we'll bump into each other sometime soon again 🙂 xx

2. Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark September 27, 2012

The man in the matching print suit is AMAZING. What the heck. Stylish men rule. This looks amazing and super fun.

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 28, 2012

Apparently the stylist gave him the task of putting together a 'utility' inspired look but he was all 'nah, I don't do utility, I'm going to wear a matching palm print shorts suit instead'. Classic.

3. Hannah Percyowl September 27, 2012

Yeh I like the guy in matching prints too! Def a bold look for men haha.
    I've been having matching set urges for ages. But then I don't want to look too silly, like a child from the 90's. Maybe now is the time…
    Looked like a fun event!!

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 28, 2012

Kind of bummed my close up shot of his outfit was a bit blurry – damn camera settings haha. I'm all for rocking a matching print outfit this summer. Maybe something like a slinky cami and shorts so it just looks like a onesie.

4. Daydream Lily September 28, 2012

hehe love the matching shirt and top!! I wish more guys dressed like this! Oh I wondered what you lovelies were up to, when I saw the pic on instagram…we need another blogger meetup!!

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 28, 2012

We were thinking the exact same thing yesterday – like a fun, casual catch up where everyone can just chat and chill.

5. Mat September 28, 2012

i'd roll with the shirt but not the matching shorts, not saying i wouldn't wear the shorts though. i'd feel too fashiony. hope he gets it though

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 30, 2012

Definitely what most people would do. The store he chose the outfit from is doing a lot of different matching printed separates, so it'll be interesting to see how many, if any, guys pick up on this trend for summer. Festival season will be interesting, that's for sure.

6. jamie-lee September 30, 2012

Sounds like it was really fun – wish we had things like this in Wellington. I love the matchy matchy outfits!

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 30, 2012

Oh that's a pity! To be honest I only go to these things once in a blue moon but they're still fun nonetheless. I'm so keen to try out matching prints this summer.