inspired by: moonrise kingdom

This post is dedicated to what I would kit myself out with if I was a character in a Wes Anderson film, inspired by a recent viewing of Moonrise Kingdom. Whereas Suzy Bishop had a habit of spying on others with her binoculars and a fear of being a troubled child, I’d be more concerned with things like the zombie apocalypse and making sure that my camera was always loaded with film. If you haven’t already seen Moonrise Kingdom, then I suggest you go see it. Now. I’m even considering going to see it for a second time. And possibly a third.

Topshop MOTO Check Denim Dress
Topshop Exaggerated Cats Eye Sunglasses
La Lisette Raccoon Bag
Modcloth Pineapple Earrings
Paul & Joe Cat Collection Blusher
Lomography Diana F+ Metropolis camera
Bass x Rachel Antonoff  Polka Dot Shoes
The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

1. Jade September 13, 2012

Love that dress! Great post, I'm following πŸ™‚ xx

2. Carina September 13, 2012

I can imagine this outfit put together – it would look amazing! Loving the pineapple earrings and the sunglasses πŸ™‚

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 14, 2012

Alternatively, this is could also be called "what I'd like to kit myself out in this weekend" and not just limited to if I were in a Wes Anderson film.

3. Rhianne September 13, 2012

I do love the map diana cameras, they're so pretty! that bag is amazing too

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 14, 2012

Lomography always release so many great designs but I can never justify owning multiples of the same type of camera!

4. senhorita valdez September 13, 2012

love love love it*

5. lauren, curious constellation September 13, 2012

I've wanted to watch the movie ever since I saw the trailer and this just got me even more excited for it.

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 14, 2012

This film was a long time coming, especially since it was only released in Aus just the other week. I told my friend that if I didn't see it last weekend I would rage out haha

6. Josephine Pearl September 13, 2012

Such great picks, love the dress and the bag πŸ™‚ oh and the camera πŸ™‚
    loving the zombie survival guide too, everyone needs one of those..hehe.

Jo. x

7. Rachel, Cold Knees September 13, 2012

great outfit. Damn I really want to see that film even more now. xx

8. Chelle | The Feather Den September 13, 2012

My friend was talking about this film today but I hadn't heard of it! Might check it out.

x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

9. Caramel Latte Kiss September 13, 2012

Somebody please, PLEASE, buy me those shoes. Perfect!
    I love Wes Anderson films, they're always wonderful to watch.

10. Tanya September 13, 2012

This is perfection. I want to see the movie even more than before now. x

11. Joy September 13, 2012

I absolutely love this. So well done!

12. Sonia September 13, 2012

This is the most lovely post ever – I saw Moonrise Kingdom a few days ago and it was amazing, Wes Anderson films always are.
    I never ever tire of your blog, ah it's always so good! xx

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 14, 2012

Thank you! As soon as I got home after watching it I had a bit of a Wes Anderson film fest and watched The Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited haha

13. c. September 13, 2012

Ah, what a fantastic film! I'm probably going to see it again, and that says a lot, i don't often venture to the theatre anymore.

Great post, I love the idea!

attempted ambition blog

14. a. September 14, 2012

I'm loving this, it's such a sweet little idea and only makes me want to see the film more (I will get around to it!)
    Loving the racoon bag, nice touch πŸ™‚

15. Mat September 15, 2012

boom, thanks for the entry to the giveaway, you're in! oh yeah i can see this, accurate choices. plus excellent shoes

16. cyeoms September 16, 2012

what a sweet outfit inspiration, as if wes anderson didn't inspire enough.
    ps, i love the pineapple earrings.

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 21, 2012

I am obsessed with all things pineapple at the moment – I bought a pineapple print bikini the other day!

17. blogatka September 20, 2012

Wonderful style. I am caught in these clothes and accessories. I want to have its. I find similar things in the shop heppin?

18. Jo N September 20, 2012

Love Moonrise. Bill Murray cracks me up anytime. The kids are such sweethearts. Love the dress. Can't wait for Topshop's opening in Sydney – next month.

• soph (owl vs. dove) September 21, 2012

Wes Anderson sure does know how to put together an ensemble cast. I need to visit Sydney, Topshop are never going to open in Brisbane! haha

19. The Mint Mode September 27, 2012

Best outfit inspiration everrrr! <3 I gotta say that my raccoon bag is my favourite out of all your picks though