dripping in gold

My jewellery collection is equally divided into silver and gold sections, which can make mixing and matching jewellery difficult at times. For a while I avoided gold for fear of it being too ‘old’ (don’t ask me why, sometimes my brain makes up stupid rules for no reason).  Recently, however, I’ve realised that I am very much a gold person. It also seems to be everywhere at the moment, and not just limited to jewellery. To prove to myself that gold isn’t necessarily ‘old’, these are a few fun and unconventional ways I’d want to work this metallic shade. That gold Diana Mini camera needs to get in my life right now.
Clockwise-ish from top left:

1. Sarah June 7, 2012

delicious! i'm especially fond of the collars <3

2. Justalazymorning June 7, 2012

Lovely!

3. a. June 7, 2012

Loving the gold collars!

4. Mary June 7, 2012

I love that crayon and ring! Metallics are always beautiful xx

5. Vicky June 7, 2012

I'm the exact opposite of you. I'm definitely more of a gold girl, and tend to avoid silver, so all of the above is just perfect. The brogue-style shoes are definitely my favourite x

• soph (owl vs. dove) June 8, 2012

I am desperately on the hunt for a pair of (affordable) metallic lace ups. So lustworthy! haha

6. Rachel, Cold Knees June 7, 2012

ah gorgeous, love the gold Diana! I always used to think gold was for old people, maybe because my grandmother only wore that x

• soph (owl vs. dove) June 8, 2012

Phew! Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that. Definitely a lot more of the classic styles of jewellery are crafted in gold – maybe that's why.

7. Kiara Michelle King June 7, 2012

The clutch it to die for – love its structure! And I'm a big gold fan (although I primarily wear silver), it definitely has the ability to warm up an outfit (and I loveee gold make-up!).

• soph (owl vs. dove) June 8, 2012

Agreed – I also think it's much more flattering for my skin tone so I'm all for embracing gold now haha.

8. hannah June 8, 2012

My jewellery is definitely a mix, too. i love gold for costume jewellery but I am definitely a platinum and silver girl for classic pieces like diamond earrings or engagement rings! love the pieces you have curated x

• soph (owl vs. dove) June 8, 2012

Ah I'm the opposite – most of my classic pieces are gold and more contemporary ones are silver.

9. yonosoyunaitgirl June 8, 2012

Nice blog! I follow you with Google and Bloglovin! XX

10. Taylor June 9, 2012

I've only just managed to get that Flight Facilities song out of my head and now its back ahaha.

I'm definitely more of a silver jewellery girl – it just looks nicer against my skin – but I would not say no to those gold collars. So. amazing.

• soph (owl vs. dove) June 10, 2012

Hahaha I had that song in my head while making this post. Was tempted to embed it in too hahaha.

11. Jenesuispas Milano June 9, 2012

I love every single choices!

Je-Ne-Suis-Pas-Blog

12. caroline June 10, 2012

I considered myself a "silver" girl for the longest time too! but a little more than a couple of years ago I became a "gold" girl. I wonder what changed. now all my jewelry are "gold."

13. The Mint Mode June 10, 2012

Sweet picks, Soph. That Diana camera is too cute. I can definitely relate to that avoidance of gold when I was younger but now I love both silver and gold too. It makes for a real headache when jewelry comes in both tones and I can only afford one of them though. 🙁

• soph (owl vs. dove) June 11, 2012

I have about 3 different kinds of Diana Minis I want to buy… but I already have the original black and blue one. Trying to justify owning more than one is proving a bit difficult haha

14. Mira June 12, 2012

I loved that sweater!

15. avalonne hall June 13, 2012

Hey Soph! I was MIA from the interwebs for months, but now I'm back and I literally went back an entire year on your blog. Can't believe how much I missed. Your blogs is one of my favorites, fo real! 🙂 So glad you had such an incredible summer last year, traveling and whatnot. Love all these gold products. I really WANT a gold Leica. But I'd "settle" for a gold Diana mini, since Leicas are incredibly expensive, haha. Hope you're well! <3