outfit dreaming: pink and prints

If my Instagram feed is anything to go by, I’ve been having a slight obsession with the colour pink lately. I’m kind of surprised that I haven’t turned into a giant pink fairy floss by now. However, I think there is a way to wear this colour without coming across as too girly. The above is how I’d ideally like to wear a primarily pink outfit – anchored with sturdy monochrome shoes and broken up with a bold print.
Gorman ‘moving mountains’ pants (there’s 25% off all items in store and online today FYI)

1. Blithely Unaware May 24, 2012

I love pink but hardly have any in my wardrobe, which is weird.

Must rectify this ASAP haahahahahaa

xox

• soph (owl vs. dove) May 24, 2012

For some reason I always think I don't have any in my wardrobe BUT I DO, AND LOTS OF IT. Light/neutral pinks are good for easing into a wardrobe I think.

2. Ally May 24, 2012

Um…i kinda need that bat shirt!!

• soph (owl vs. dove) May 25, 2012

You and me both. It reminds me of the bat shirt in the first Alexa Chung for Madewell collection. I gave up on ever acquiring it thanks to the ridiculous prices some eBay sellers were asking for.

3. Rachel, Cold Knees May 24, 2012

Those trousers are rather cool. I'm getting a little more into pinks as well lately, the Topshop jumper is lurvely x

• soph (owl vs. dove) May 25, 2012

And now the pants sold out online ๐Ÿ™ Even though I just bought an ASOS pink knit, I'm considering the Topshop one or something similar haha.

4. I want that bat tee shirt bad enough that I should just make my own. This whole outfit is perfect and pink without floating into Glinda territory. PLUS the shoes. OMG WHITE DOC OXFORDS. want.

• soph (owl vs. dove) May 25, 2012

It's definitely DIY-able. I was also going to make a Glinda and/or Sophia Grace and Rosie of Ellen/Superbass fame but thought that might be a bit convoluted haha.

5. Spencer. May 24, 2012

Awesome wishlist, I love that pink jumper, t'is an absolute beaut! x

6. Magali May 24, 2012

This outfit is so gorgeous & wearable. You Soph are a girl after my own heart. โ™ฅ

7. Arden May 24, 2012

I love it! That tee is the cutest thing. xx

8. a. May 26, 2012

Love the bat shirt! Super cute.

I'm strangely in love with the tote bag also, where's it from?

• soph (owl vs. dove) May 28, 2012

The one I've linked to is from Molten Store but you can also buy it directly from Fieldguided ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Daydream Lily May 26, 2012

love all of this!!!

10. Louise May 28, 2012

This is one of the most brilliant pink-ish outfits I have ever 'bumped into'. I love those earrings, that jumper and the tote so much. Everything is so wearable and just simply nice, while being sort-of pink. Is it bad that I kind of want it all?

11. hannah May 28, 2012

I love that sweater. So much. I think it must be mine! x

12. Hannah Percyowl May 29, 2012

Ooooo – love. I particularly like the addition of the beanie.
    I have a bit of a pink obsession atm too, particularly of the pastel kind.
    I almost wore pastel purple jeans and a pastel pink top today, but I didn't want to come off as you know… 6? When every little girl's answer to their fav colour is either pink or purple.
    I think I will next time though…

13. Rebecca Jane June 3, 2012

Those printed trousers are perfect!

14. Melissa Wellham June 23, 2012