travel photos: brighton

While I hadn’t been greeted with the most summery weather upon my arrival in London, when the sun did come out I grabbed it with both hands and held on for dear life. On one such day, a group of us made the short train trip to Brighton. The day was, in one word, delightful. Our first stop was the pier which proved to be quite entertaining. And yes, I did ride the carousel. Best ยฃ2 I’d spent yet! The remainder of the day was spent laying about on the beach. The very pebbly beach. One thing’s for sure – I prefer my beaches white and sandy, thanks. While I didn’t brave the water (reports from those who did verified my fears that it was indeed, very cold) I did enjoy lazing about on the beach chairs and soaking up the sunshine. Topped off with a few jugs of Pimm’s and fish and chips on the beach – life doesn’t get much better!

1. nicolette August 11, 2011

Ahhh, Brighton is probably the perfect place to spend an English summer. Pimm's, fish and chips, sunshine, waves – yep, definitely doesn't get better than that! Lucky girl!

2. Vicky August 11, 2011

Looks like you had such a lovely day. I really want to go to the seaside now x

3. Just a lazy morning August 11, 2011

Lovely pics, so relaxing!!
    xoxo

4. Hannah Percyowl August 11, 2011

Haha – good work! The carousel is in fact the only ride I can go one without feeling sick… most of the time.
    Lol, beach. Looks like a driveway ๐Ÿ˜›
    English beaches… ice water and pebble beaches. I'm anxious about the chill of the water even on the best days in australia haha.

5. herecomesthesun August 11, 2011

These pictures are amazing. And have me excited for Spring!

Also I hope you're keeping safe, I've been thinking of you being over there with all this unfolding chaos!

6. Christine August 11, 2011

Great pictures! I would love to just relax in one of those chairs.

7. Brooke August 11, 2011

PIMMS! God I havent had a Pimms since I left London, which is a fair while ago now! You just cant do summer in London without Pimms. *sigh*

renewvintage.blogspot

8. oh pimms & fish and chips sounds amazing!
    xo

9. Rachel August 11, 2011

I've never actually been to Brighton which, I know is appalling – maybe next summer?

10. Leah August 11, 2011

I will never get tired of pictures of the stripy deckchairs. Never ever.
    Even though our beaches here are so much better than all those pebbles, there's something about the way the English do 'the seaside' that we don't quite get over here, isn't there?

11. LUU H. August 11, 2011

I'm actually going to brighton this fall and after seeing this post, i really can't wait!!

12. nicole August 11, 2011

Oh my goodness, this post is just too gorgeous.

I love that you rode the carousel! You're my new hero, haha.

13. phantom; August 11, 2011

That's because my sunny city is the best! Although I agree, I'd much prefer sand.

14. The Headless Mannequin August 11, 2011

Great pics…the vacant chairs in the first pic look so inviting ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Jess August 11, 2011

What's Pimm's?? I always hear about it – is it like sangria? Always love your photos and I'm assuming/hoping there's more to come from your trip!

16. Mo Pie, Please August 11, 2011

Oh wow! I'm in love with your photos! Brighton looks fabulous.

17. soph (owl vs. dove) August 12, 2011

@HannahPercyOwl: lol driveway. The good thing is you can spend the whole day at the beach without feeling like you're going to pass out from the sun.

@herecomesthesun: don't worry, I'm back at home! These posts are just deceiving haha

@Brooke: I LOVE PIMMS. I was like "where has it been all my life". I'd only had it once before in Aus, but pretty much drank it like water over there. I am going to stockpile next time I find it at the bottle-o.

@Leah: the seaside AND parks. Maybe because they only get very few chances at decent weather so they have to make the most of it haha

@LUUH: You're going to love it! Have fun!

@nicole: I have a new found love for them. The guy must have thought it a bit odd though for a group of adult women to be riding it. And there was only 1 kid on the ride haha

@phantom: not gonna disagree ๐Ÿ™‚

@Jess: Pimm's is a type of fruity liqeur I think. Served with lemonade and fresh fruit. It's AMAZING. And yes, plenty more photos to come!

18. tara August 12, 2011

I have such a deep and undying obsession with Brighton! I hope I'm not disappointed when I finally visit. OH! and pimms is ACTUALLY gin based! weird huh?