travel photos: beautiful bath

Only a short drive out of London, Bath is a must-see city. I visited Bath as part of a day tour that also covered Windsor Castle and Stonehenge. As it was our last stop of the day, and we were running behind schedule, I was only able to spend one and a half hours there. Which was nowhere near enough time to take in all that this city has to offer. In my short visit, I stayed close to the central tourist hub and visited the Roman Baths and surrounds. I would have loved to have been able to spend a full day (or two or three) exploring the city. I could have quite happily whiled away a few hours meandering through the streets and admiring the Georgian architecture. Bath is also home to the Jane Austen Centre, which I unfortunately didn’t get to visit despite our tour guide promising us to do so. In my short time there I also managed to satisfy my sweet tooth by picking up a few chocolates from the chocolate shop next to the Abbey (you must!) and then stuffing my face with choc mint ice cream. Which explains the last photo. Yum!

1. Leah August 9, 2011

Oh I loved Bath! We drove there and the parking was so strict we only stayed for about three hours too. It's so beautiful, I'd love to go back and stay longer too.

2. Hannah August 9, 2011

Oh Im so glad you visited bath if only for a short time! I spent more than a month in Bath (half my family lives there) and it is just so lovely. Oh and dont worry about the jane austen centre; you really didnt miss out. I found it to be one of those 'is that it?' sort of things followed by a walk through a tacky 'museum'. But put Bath on your list for next time because it really is in my opinion the most beautiful city in the UK! You would have gone lomo-crazy if you wandered all the streets haha

3. Rachel August 9, 2011

I've never actually been to Bath! You make me want to visit!

P.S. Just posted a photo post of Camden, I was thinking of your post when I was walking around taking photos!

4. soph (owl vs. dove) August 9, 2011

@Hannah: not going to lie, I just wanted to pick up some "I <3 Darcy" paraphernalia. Glad to hear I didn't miss out on much. You're so lucky that you have family there. More of a reason to visit!

@Rachel: You must! It's so pretty. Even driving through the streets on the bus I was like 'let me off I want to explore!'

5. Kimmy August 9, 2011

The architecture of the building is beautiful! If I had the opportunity I would wanna travel the Europe side of the world. 🙂

accidental encounters

6. Joanna August 9, 2011

It seems like you had a lovely time 🙂

7. liza August 9, 2011

Bath is gorgeous! I barely remember it as I was seven the last time I visited, but I love looking back at photos. It sounds like you had a lovely time there, and the chocolate and ice cream sounds/looks like heaven…hehe.

8. Mariña " La Marquesa" August 9, 2011

I really want to go to Bath!! all people talk very very good about it..and the histories of all people in the XIX century there just makes me to desire more to go there.

9. Kadi August 9, 2011

How do you add this text-box to your picture? It's really.. cool! And pictures are pretty.

10. Mat August 9, 2011

never been but lots agree. it looks very old world-alike

11. After Dreams August 9, 2011

bath is gorgeous. lovely photos 🙂

12. M. Ersa Adiprasetya August 10, 2011

wow what a lovely place! i must go to bath someday… and great photos!

Hei Echa!

13. M. Ersa Adiprasetya August 10, 2011

wow what a lovely place! i must go to bath someday… and great photos!

Hei Echa!

14. The Velvet Bow August 11, 2011

Oh Bath! It's one of my favourite places in the world. We went on the same tour and had the same issue of running out of time in the end. Hoping we can make a day trip back there when go to England again in Nov to actually try out the public baths!