travel wardrobe

Basic pieces.
Favourite pieces.
Accessories.
Don’t be fooled. I packed way more stuff. This is just the skeleton of my travel wardrobe. There’s also stuff I forgot to feature like jewellery, cardigans, denim shorts, plain t-shirts, flip flops… and underwear and pyjamas and all that stuff. For the one camel-coloured singlet there’s also a black one, white one, grey one… you get the picture. I initially packed six striped shirts. I whittled it down to four. After reviewing the contents for what seemed like the hundredth time, I also got rid of the pink dress and yellow skirt. I’m taking the black bag on the plane with me, and my jeans and striped shirt are stored in my day pack as a spare set of clothes. Anyway, you’ll most likely see the majority of the clothes I ended up packing in all my travel photos. Not long till I head off now! I’ve managed to wrangle together a few scheduled posts. But not a lot. So if you don’t hear from me here, be sure to check my twitter. See you on the other side of 24 hours of travelling!

1. Joy June 15, 2011

You've a great base to build things on top of it with. Can't wait to see the photos from your trip already!

2. Sandy Joe June 15, 2011

You are easily the most genius packer I've come across. I'm more into panic packing, though it never turns out well.

Have a fantastic voyage!

x The Pretty Secrets

3. Sandy Joe June 15, 2011

Have a fantastic voyage!

x The Pretty Secrets

4. soph (owl vs. dove) June 15, 2011

@SandyJoe: although it may not seem like it, there was plenty of panic packing! haha

5. Jo June 15, 2011

I hope you have the greatest time away! You have the best colour combinations!

6. herecomesthesun June 15, 2011

I love flat lay posts 🙂 I tried to do one last week but it was a fail sadly haha.

I'm excited to hear about your travels and to live through you a little bit with them!

7. Hannah Percyowl June 15, 2011

Best of luck! I can't wait to see your photos of the motherland and surrounds 😛
    Cute selection of clothes – packing sucks though. I always forget something…

8. jamie-lee June 15, 2011

very good travel items you've got there – I wouldn't even take anything else aside from the pjs etc.. I always find what you dont take you can buy over there x

9. Catherine June 15, 2011

Looks like you'll be a stylish traveler! Have an amazing time!

10. BANG and BUCK June 15, 2011

cheap mondy jeans are great! lovely selection of shoes also, flats, sneakers and heels.

11. arnique June 15, 2011

Packing for a month-long trip to Europe was one of the hardest things I've done. I spent weeks planning it and I still brought too much. 😛 I think you can't go wrong with your basics selection. Evernoted.

Arianne from A + B in the Sea

12. Lorelai● June 15, 2011

love the second photo, the color palette is so harmonic!
    u make travel packing, look like fun!

13. i always have the hardest time packing when i travel. i'm always so worried i'll leave something out that i really want, then i end up overpacking and not even wearing half of it!

the pink skirt in the second photo is absolutely gorgeous!

14. Mat June 15, 2011

that seems like a lot to me but maybe i'm doing it wrong. enjoy!

15. gee June 15, 2011

i hate packing. i am so horrible at it.
    but i love all the things you picked out.
    i want it all in my wardrobe. 🙂

16. Lyndall June 15, 2011

When my mum and I went to Melbourne a few months ago I think she was quiety amazed/horrified at how much stuff I packed for a three-night stay. But I like to have options! I don't want to feel like wearing something that I've left behind!

I hope you have a super lovely amazing exciting trip! ♥

17. celeste June 16, 2011

i really love the simpleness of you're wardrobe. it's so very chic.

18. RDYN! June 16, 2011

I love what you're packing. I think there's something interesting about the way you;'re arranging these items to show us. Take tonnes of photos with yourself wearing the radical sunnies.

19. sara June 16, 2011

love the look of everything you've packed! i'm awful at packing, just throw everything i see in a suitcase and then realize i never wear any of it in real life. oh well. next time i take a trip you will be my planned-packing inspiration!

20. Aliya June 16, 2011

I wish I could be so organised when I pack; I always end up overpacking, somehow!

love everything you've packed especially your 'tribal' print/tapestry bag! xx

21. keekee June 16, 2011

love it all. such a comfy yet simply chich collaboration. love it. and you.

22. ana b. June 16, 2011

Oh! Safe travels. And yes, while you're on your way, in a week I'll be on my way back home. I feel you on the 24+ hour trip, girl. I really do. And this might be too late, but I packed way way way too many clothes because I bought way too many clothes overseas. Every city, I chuck old clothing and shoes away 🙁 I hope you're more restrained than me.

23. Le Fanciulle June 17, 2011

Cheap Mondays are the ultimate travel jeans!! Sooo comfy 🙂 Have a great trip, we'll miss your lovely posts!

xx S

24. vint junky June 18, 2011

Have a wonderful trip hon!
    If you get this before glasto, my biggest tip is buy some wellies and a rainproof mac, it's looking like rain unfortunately.

25. DISTRIKMODE June 19, 2011

Mmmm i need to do one of these too! but more like an end of travel packing post. Trying to fit all my new stuff into the luggage before i head back to good ol' Perth. We'll see how THAT goes lol.

▲ Farrah @ DISTRIKMODE

26. Sonia June 19, 2011

Packing for trips is so hard but so fun. Have an amazing time x

27. Blackswan June 19, 2011

cute post! Not matter where I'm going, or how short/long I'm going for – i always seem to overpack! It's pretty bad, as I don't have much room for new purchases and have to resort to sitting on top of my suitcase whilst someone else tries to zip it closed! Have loads of fun Soph! Already seen some exciting tweets from you 🙂

x Lauren
    youronlyblackswan.blogspot.com

28. Nádia June 20, 2011

just discovered your blog, it's great! I'm following!

lovely clothes, especially loved the coral skirt! 🙂

oh, wish you a great trip!

29. Joanna June 20, 2011

Beautifil photos!!! Everything looks so neat and the color schemes are adorable!
    Have a lovely trip 😉
    bisous
    j

30. Morley June 24, 2011

I want you're wardrobe! So amazing!

31. M & Em July 5, 2011

Wow, you're a great packer. I always pack in like five minutes. Sometimes it works out, other times, well… not so much. All the basics are great. And good choices in shoes too! They look like they could be worn with a lot of different outfits.

xoxo
    Em

32. CrystaL* July 8, 2011

Oh I love seeing what you packed to travel! I wanted to do a post like this with the things I packed for Costa Rica but it all just happened in to much of a blur and of course I evened up not packing enough dresses. That manages to be my problem every time. You would think I would learn by now.
    I am off to go snoop around your blog a bit more to find out where your adventure is taking your!
    Hope you created amazing memories.
    Much Love,
    Crystal

33. Super like your post! Love it!!