arabella ramsay: the alice

Flicking through Frankie magazine, I think I actually let out the tiniest of squeals upon coming across these images of the latest Arabella Ramsay collection. The collection is called ‘The Alice’ and is described as being an “ode to Australiana”. I love the delightfully off-kilter nature of it all – floral fabrics paired with nanna knits, denim shirts and lace skirts, feral animal prints… how’s that for Australian humour? I can’t wait to see more of the collection.

Anyway, I spent this morning helping out with the flood clean up. It was insane. There were just so many volunteers. It was really amazing to see everyone out and about, ready to lend a helping hand. After two hours of throwing out waterlogged junk and three hours of scrubbing down mud-stained walls, I don’t think I’ll ever complain about cleaning ever again!
ETA: you can sneak a peek at the entire collection on the Arabella Ramsay facebook page.

1. Ally,The Vintage Valley January 15, 2011

i loved these images in Frankie… πŸ™‚ especially the animal print!! its so wonderful your helping clean the houses out…i wish i could do a bit more than donate from here XX

2. Hannah January 15, 2011

Ohhhh I saw these too! LOVED it, especially the floral prints! And thats great you're helping out, I do feel a little helpless over here…
    Hannah x

3. ching January 15, 2011

the prints are so fascinating. i like it.

4. Christina January 15, 2011

This collection looks really great! The dinosaur print is kinda cute!
    And I still can't actually come to terms with how large scale the flood is! I really really wish I could do so much more. I hope all is well x

5. curious constellation January 15, 2011

Wow, wow, wow. Perfect collection. & good on you for helping out. It's actually the one good thing that comes out of disasters; seeing everyone uniting together to help each other.

6. Francesca January 15, 2011

i am hopefully going to help out with the floods tomorrow. bless you child!

F. (opinionslave.blogspot.com) x

7. Emma January 15, 2011

Man, they're totally stealing your style. I think I love all of it; wish I could pull off maxi dresses/skirts. Wah!

Don't want this to sound patronising, but really well done on volunteering – that's such a brilliant thing to do. x

8. Marloes January 15, 2011

Oh so pretty, i love the shirts! And damn, I heard about it in the news… you know, the flood. It sounds so terrible! I hope all of your friends and family are well.

9. arnique January 15, 2011

This collection is absolutely lovely, esp. Arabella Ramsay's name! Thank you for posting, I am always looking out for Australian/NZ designers.

Arianne from A + B in the Sea

10. June Paski January 15, 2011

amazing collection, I love the floral skirt, very 50s!

11. kate likes tea. January 15, 2011

I'm your newest follower! Can't wait to read more!

katelyncarter.com

12. Celeste January 15, 2011

these photos make me want summer! or, at least spring..

13. Marinka January 16, 2011

Frankie is such a nice magazine, too bad it's not sold here in Canada.It's so nice of you to help after the flood, I hope that things will get better in Australia too.

14. soph (owl vs. dove) January 16, 2011

@Ally @Hannah @Christina: don't worry, I think the general feeling among most people (even the ones who have been helping with the muck out) is that they want to be able to do more. But at times there's just only so much you can do. After seeing it all first hand, I can tell you that every donation is much needed!

@curiousconstellation: the sense of community has definitely been one of the better sights afforded by these floods.

@Francesca: Good luck with the clean up. Gumboots, durable gloves, and a sense of humour are musts! And don't worry, you get used to the stench after a while…

@Emma: not patronising at all. Thanks πŸ™‚

@Marloes: family and friends are well. Thanks for the concern.

@arnique: no worries, glad I could be of help.

@JunePaski: the skirt definitely has that 50s vibe! Love it!

@katelikestea: thanks for following πŸ™‚

@Celeste: not long to go…

15. skeletaldreams January 16, 2011

these are amazing! the prints are beautiful.
    great job on volunteering πŸ™‚
    xo

16. Ella January 16, 2011

i love frankie magazine, although i only have one issue, as its sorta hard to find in the us. this looks like a splendid little collection!

17. Jessica January 16, 2011

goodness, the collection is beyond pretty. i love the tux dress on the left.
    and i am so amazed that you are such a kind person helping out those who need you.

18. Veren Lee January 16, 2011

that's amazing! thankss for sharing πŸ™‚
    a little princess

19. sara January 16, 2011

ooh loving the collection! that dress in the third photo is amazing

wonderful to hear you're helping out, it's amazing to see what people do when they are needed.

20. Poppy January 16, 2011

that collection looks great.so nice to hear about everyone helping to get back on their feet again.x hope you'll visit back

21. Cati G. January 16, 2011

great, simple images.. i'm loving your blog!! check out mine πŸ™‚

Cati

22. ANN January 16, 2011

I wish we had Frankie magazine here! I also hear good things about it. This collection is wonderful!

23. Dylana Suarez January 16, 2011

My heart goes out to all affected by the floods. Glad you are safe! And these clothes are all so beautiful! I want to dress just like this for spring!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

24. C. January 16, 2011

That's so great that your volunteered. Great job. πŸ™‚

25. Jane January 17, 2011

Frankie is a really aesthetically pleasing magazine. As for the collection, I really like the ones on the second image.

It's so awesome that you've been helping with the flood cleanup!

26. claire (jazzpad.) January 17, 2011

I miss Frankie from my travelling days! Especially love that last top with all the animals on it, how lovely πŸ™‚ jazzy β™₯

27. Emma January 17, 2011

Hi there!
    Lovely blog you have here! Lots of nice pictures and good inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Wanna be followers? Let me know!!

Love from Stockholm.. xoxo

28. chocandcinnamon January 17, 2011

those pieces are really cute, though I have to admit I don't like the animal pattern of the last one πŸ™‚
    It's so good that u are volunteering, it's truly admirable!

29. soph (owl vs. dove) January 17, 2011

@Ella: You could always try a digital subscription? It will never be the same as a physical copy, but it's a good substitute!

@CatiG: Thanks. Will check yours out.

@chocandcinnamon: haha it's definitely one of those prints that polarise people!

30. vint junky January 18, 2011

Ah no hon. Are you ok ? Do you live in Queensland? My aunt lives in Daisy Hill. I think it's quite high up, so they were ok.

I love this collection. The styling is gorgeous! So in love i think i may even order frankie

31. Rose January 18, 2011

naw these prints are adorable!
    and good on you helping out… its so strange in NSW knowing its all so close yet strangely unimaginable…

32. The Fashion Writress January 19, 2011

Looks like a great magazine, I have to hunt it down πŸ™‚ Lovely prints!

U have a new follower!

xoxo,

33. kristine January 19, 2011

Oh my, thank you so much for sharing this. So inspiring.

Kristine. Or Polly.

34. Stacy January 20, 2011

Thanks for introducing me to this line! I love the long skirt and animal shirt outfit. I've been wearing my newly thrifted long skirts a lot lately. So comfortable.

35. stephanie renee January 21, 2011

such a beautiful collection, i love the skirts!

36. Amie January 25, 2011

i love this collection! especially the crop knits with calf length floral print skirt πŸ™‚ and i'm so happy she's doing a recut of the flying fur leather vest! i hope she ships overseas!

x amie