mid-length, mid-strength

Sweater: Bonds | Skirt: thrifted | Necklace: random gift store in Nimbin (lol)

This is basically a variation of what I’ve been wearing a lot of lately: mid-length skirts paired with a sweater or cardigan. It’s as if all this rainy weather has sucked the creativity out of me. I’m what you could describe as an ‘easy’ or ‘simple’ dresser at the best of times, so this isn’t very good news for the outfit department. Anyway, enough moping. Let’s hear it for skirts that cost less than a dollar! Woop!

1. Norah Salvatore October 12, 2010

What a lovely skirt it is!
    I would never say your clothes are too simple. Instead, I call you understated, modest and simply divine. You are such a gem, thank you for your last comment on my photos post. It was very lovely of you. Hope you're doing well and that your mood and the weather cheer up quick smart.

Love,
    Norah of 'let's run away'

2. VIVIENNE KONGVONGSA October 12, 2010

Envious of how well you can pull of that full length skirt. Beauty.

Adore the blog doll.

Love,

3. Annushka October 12, 2010

Nice skirt!!!))) Like this post!!!)))
    Cool blog.

4. Hannah October 12, 2010

i love all the skirts youre wearing at the moment! i was just wondering what kind of shoes you wear with them? xx

5. soph (owl vs. dove) October 12, 2010

@Norah: thanks Norah, you're always full of kind words!

@Vivienne @Annushka: thank you!

@Hannah: ballet flats or loafers. I pretty much have two pairs on rotation. It's kind of embarrassing, haha.

6. chow (heart+bleecker) October 12, 2010

you look lovely soph. its a look that suits you to a t. is that the bonds sloppy joe? i love mine to death!

7. ΒΆ Michelle October 12, 2010

looks very comfy and lovely on you darl. I don't think I suit mid-length skirts as I am way too short *sad face* do love your sweater! I did not know that Bonds did sweaters, oh god where have I been!

8. LUU H. October 12, 2010

ahhh, i love your sweater. its kinda unrare, but i have been dying to find one similar for ages !

9. sara October 12, 2010

i think that's a lovely combination to wear! it looks so effortless and at the same time so put together and cute.

10. Hannah October 12, 2010

Mmmm delicious pleats.
    And I want your necklace!
    Simple dressing is nice. I think that's all I can afford with the weather in Brisbane honestly, it's not like heels are conducive to sidewalks and hot weather.
    Also, I found out that there's another finder's keepers markets in November!! I found out tonight and I'm totally excited!!

11. Sophie October 12, 2010

love the bonds!
    a true Australian staple! πŸ™‚

12. MariΓ±a " La Marquesa" October 12, 2010

the combination is minimal and just great!!! i like both

13. Sundari October 12, 2010

Very nice. I need more long skirts.

14. Vicky October 12, 2010

I LOVE the simplicity of these outfits. I really want to try a mid length skirt, but don't think it'll suit me at all (I'm sure I've commented saying this before, so I'll stop complaining about it now). x

15. simple dresser but you put little quirks in your look that not everyone can think of..which makes you good at style. πŸ˜€

β™₯ vanilla ice cream β™₯

16. Wynne Prasetyo October 12, 2010

loooooove it! you look so lovely in a very chic way!

17. Rebecca October 12, 2010

Such a beautiful skirt and great jumper πŸ™‚ x

18. julianne. October 12, 2010

i need to go thrifting!
    i love this outfit doll.<3

19. Mumbles October 12, 2010

You look great
    such a nice outfit
    I love the skirt

β™₯ Marley

20. Emma October 12, 2010

Woop indeed! It's funny – although you feel a bit drab and uncreative you still look lovely! x

21. Nell October 12, 2010

I love this outfit. It pretty much rocks. x

22. Jenny October 12, 2010

Way too cute. I always take one outfit obsession and vary. Simple dressing is the most beautiful kind of dressing – sometimes those Vogue editors look just plain old crazy. xoxx

23. fashion smirk October 12, 2010

This skirt is perfect.
    You always find the best thirfted finds.

Michelle
    fashion smirk

24. Barbara October 12, 2010

that outfit is perfect for going to class and not worrying much

25. kelly ann October 13, 2010

seriously love this. it's chic, but also looks really comfortable!

26. whoopwhoop inexpensive skirts! love it!

27. TIFFANY thegirlwithafeather October 13, 2010

Oh I love your outfit, the weather has definately NOT sucked the creativity out of you! πŸ™‚ Yes for anything less than a dollar, what would we do without op shops.

28. patricia October 13, 2010

I'm sorry – every time you post outfit photos, I end up admiring your hair more than your clothes! I have a thing for brunettes, haha.

Simplicity can go a long way πŸ™‚ It looks cute and comfortable – like you're wearing a hug!

29. Dylana Suarez October 13, 2010

Gorgeous skirt!

colormenana.blogspot.com

30. whateverscoolwithme October 13, 2010

Your hair looks GORGEOUS in that shot. So pretty πŸ™‚

31. curious constellation October 13, 2010

I live in that sort of outfit too.

32. Li October 13, 2010

this is just timeless … pleated skirt with ditsy floral print that just goes below the knees …

btw: it would be totally lovely if you can support my designs on talenthouse.com for nine west creative invite by voting via your facebook?
    here is link to my post with details, thanks a bunch in advance, xx

33. evie apples October 13, 2010

i'm all for longer skirts come summer! have been op-shopping up a storm all week trying to find some. sadly, i never seem to have your one- dollar-style-luck though…

hope you are coping with all the rain up there! should i send a raft? x

34. Christina October 13, 2010

Your outfits are great, I really do love your mid-length skirt. Infact, your skirts have inspired me not to cut a dress I found thrifting short, but to wear it in it's full length glory πŸ™‚
    Ps. The weather is killing me also!

35. soph (owl vs. dove) October 13, 2010

@chow: yep, it's a sloppy joe! I wear mine way too much too haha

@Michelle: they're the best! sweaters and hoodies! get on it!

@LuuH: it's a good investment, definitely get one for autumn/winter.

@sara: thank you πŸ™‚

@Hannah: the necklace is only a Nimbin trip away, haha. Actually I'm pretty sure you'd be able to find one in a new age-y store. Thanks for the heads up on the finders keepers!

@Sophie: for sure!

@Marina, @Sundari, @Gizelle, @Wynne, @Rebecca, @Marley, @Emma, @Nell, @FashionSmirk, @kallie, @Dylana: thank you!

@Vicky: you can always try it at least once. Who knows, you might be pleasantly surprised πŸ™‚

@Julianne: be warned – once you start thrifting, you can't seem to stop lol

@Jenny: but crazy in a good way! If I had the access and the means, I'd probably dress like that too haha

@Barbara: you've described it perfectly!

@kellyann: VERY comfortable

@TIFFANY: I shudder at the thought (re: op shops)

@Patricia: haha why thank you. The jumper is EXACTLY like wearing a hug

@curiousconstellation: greats minds, eh?

@Li: thank you. I'll definitely check out the link. Best of luck to you!

@evie: It's quite rare I think. It's only happened once. There was actually SUNSHINE today, so I think we can put off the raft for a while, haha

36. The Velvet Bow October 13, 2010

I am loving this outfit.I am also starting to wear longer skirts a lot more which I think may be inspired by you! I used to always buy skirts like these and shorten them, but more and more I am leavign the hemlines long. So thanks for the inspiration!

37. soph (owl vs. dove) October 13, 2010

@Christina & @TheVelvetBow: You girls flatter me too much! But yay for longer length skirts. I think not having to go through the hoopla that is hemming skirts is a definite incentive.

38. rosanguyen October 13, 2010

I don't know what really catches me eye but I love that pattern on your skirt. I just love white polka dots evenly scattered over a navy blue. Its seems to be the only pattern that I run after. when I see it on the rack, I grab it with both hands. So I must say I do love the skirt you're wearing πŸ™‚

39. Cristiana.C October 13, 2010

I love your blog!
    It's really "obsessed with glamour" like mine!
    We could be followers each other, what do you think?
    obsessedwithglamour.blogspot.com

40. Spence. October 13, 2010

Lovely skirt πŸ™‚ thanx for following my blog btw, I'm following yours too!

41. Raez October 13, 2010

such a cute outfit. the skirt is very sweet, love it!

xx raez

42. Erin October 13, 2010

sorry to hear about your rainy weather but your skirt is simply adorable– the whole outfit reminds me of why I can't wait for fall(it's still hot weather where I am)!

-Em

43. martienn October 14, 2010

ou, your blog is very interesting ! :**

if you want, FOLLOW ME ;*
    next photo will be sunday πŸ™‚

44. Wall of Fashion October 15, 2010

Thanks for your comment! I just love overknee-socks! The skirt looks very sweet by the way!

xx Marije

45. FASHION ICE October 15, 2010

im actually so into grey sweaters, and urs is fab!
    Come Follow xoxo