click clog

When clogs first came back on the fashion radar, I told myself that I would not be succumbing to the trend. Even if Kaiser Karl did dictate that the look would rule the runways and streets this year. However, I think I’m going to have to eat my words. I’ve slowly been warming to the idea of the clog. These latest incarnations have especially caught my eye. I’m seriously lusting the Sportsgirl ones. It seems that lately, every time I walk into Sportsgirl, I pay them a visit. Even though they’ve only been in stores a week or so. Is it possible to stalk a pair of shoes? Because I think that’s what I’m doing. I always walk away empty handed though because my brain is still waging an internal battle about forking out the dollars for such a trend-based shoe. Decisions, decisions.

1. Little Sparrow June 19, 2010

I was never a fan of this trend, but lately my dislike has been fading. There's something about them I kinda like.

I wish we still had Sportsgirl in New Zealand!

2. CHANTELLE June 19, 2010

oh lovely picks! i probably couldn't pull them off, although some people like Alexa Chung probably would 🙂

3. Erin Wallace June 19, 2010

Well, I couldn't wear them with a pair of tailored shorts like I've seen them in the mags, but I think they'd look great with a pair of long bootcuts or flares. I grew up as a child begging for clogs and I've never gotten over my total desire for them. And these are clog heaven.

xo Erin

4. { I V Y } June 19, 2010

omg die! want them!
    ahaha electric pink cruiser is like berry/strawberry flavour? ahaha

5. Becca Jane June 19, 2010

Loving all of these. So great!

6. Meggstatus June 19, 2010

Those topshop clogs are so freaking cute. I like that they have a bit of a western flair.

7. LINDSEY MAK June 19, 2010

Clogs remind me way too much of my childhood…no sure if im ready to jump back into them just yet lol…I dont know maybe they are just not of my own personal style..but meh each to their own….anyways…I love your artwork from a few posts back..very beautifullI wish i still drew as much as I used to.,.but i love how these blogs allow people to express thier creative ways…so keep at it !! >.<

Visit my fashion based photography blog if you get the chance sometime too.

Lindsey Mak
    Photographer.

8. Noddy June 19, 2010

I actually really like this clog trend, but I havn't actually seen them "rule the streets"… maybe sydney is just not into clogs, it seems people either have to warm to them or avoid them all together. And don't worry.. you are not alone with the shoe stalking.
    p.s. the first one looks like its made of cardboard! especially with the staples!

9. Abi-Anne June 19, 2010

i remember I used to wear these a while back. Was horrified to think that these chunky wooden things might be making a come-back.
    Your selection however, I quite nice. I think it has something to do with the straps and buckles…more appeal IMO

10. evie apples June 19, 2010

i have to say, i'm extremely excited by the return of comfortable shoes! i got a pair (similar to the sweidish hasbeens) from mushu a couple of months ago and they're a real treat for your feet…

11. Hannah June 19, 2010

Ooo, I saw these in there last week soon. I picked them up and then made myself put them down.
    I think I've been reading liebemarlene and blushing ambition too much >.<

12. 奕生 June 19, 2010

來給你加油打氣!!!保重!!! .................................................................

13. missklicious June 19, 2010

I remember having a purple pair when I was younger. I don't think I'll be revisiting the trend though.

14. knk June 19, 2010

nice pictures looks great

15. LUU H. June 19, 2010

ilike see some clogs on other people, but i dont desire the trend so much ! but i love the swedish hasbeens !

16. Krimly June 19, 2010

thank you sweetie! 🙂

I like some clogs too and I also said the same but finally I bought ones! haha
    btw, I love so much you blog! would you like link exchange? 🙂
    (just let me know and I'm adding you)

xoxo
    mycherrygum.com

17. My Republic of Fashion June 19, 2010

Clogs are everywhere now! Love the 1st and 2nd pair.:)SarahD

18. Viv June 19, 2010

i was the exact same way, just picked up some jeffrey campbell splendid's yesterday!

myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

19. avalonne lou summers June 19, 2010

I want a pair of clogs, but I want a pair of perfect cork wedges first. Clogs look cute, but they're sadly not as comfortable as cork wedges… eeeh. Those hasbeens are cute 🙂

20. Regan June 19, 2010

These are all adorable!!!

21. La pépite modeuse June 19, 2010

So beautiful shoes !!
    Kiss

22. miss velvet bow June 19, 2010

beautiful!!!

23. rebecca June 19, 2010

Story of my life!
    I swear I was the most anti-clog person when I first saw them, but I've come very close to purchasing a pair so many times…..

24. Abby June 20, 2010

Yesssss! I wasn't loving on the clog trend much at all, until I saw those ones in Sportsgirl the other day… i'm in the same situation though..tossing up whether its worth spending the money on such a trend…but ohh my feet want to go to there!

25. cool clog.. 🙂

26. S and O June 20, 2010

they are so chunky!!!!
    lol, cute too ^_^

xoxo
    Olivia

27. Fenny June 20, 2010

Whoaaaa, great shoes! especially the first one. I love you're blog so much.

28. soph (owl vs. dove) June 20, 2010

@LittleSparrow: There's always Sportsgirl online 😉

@Chantelle: Definitely Alexa Chung style.

@Ivy: Ahh k, foods named after colours always weird me out a bit haha.

@LindseyMak: Thank you! I'll definitely be checking out your site 🙂

@Noddy: haha I hadn't even noticed the staples until you pointed it out! And I guess by "rule the streets" I mean "rule the fashion blogs" … virtual streets perhaps?

@Abi-Anne: definitely, the hardware and studs do spruce them up a bit.

@evie-apples: oooh that's good to hear.

@Krimly, @Viv: I think I should follow your leads and snap up a pair!

@Rebecca, @Abby: I think we should think with our feet and just do it! (I'm such an enabler, sorry!)

@Fenny, Thank you! You're too lovely.

29. THE DIVINITUS June 20, 2010

awesome;) they are classic to me, do remember clogs were a hit in 70-early 80s.

30. Charlene June 21, 2010

I bloody love the sweedish hasbeens!

31. Krislyn June 22, 2010

i really love the idea of clogs… i seriously would love to own a pair!

32. Kara June 22, 2010