get cape. wear cape. fly.

I think I’m going to channel my inner superhero and invest in a cape this winter. Probably in a neutral tan colour or plaid. If I find one in a crazy tapestry/carpet pattern, a la Comme des Garcons, I might consider that too (although I’m not sure how practical that would be for every day wear). I was thinking about buying a cape last winter, but never took the leap. Anyway, here are a few of my favourite caped street-style looks. These ladies show that the cape is much more superchic than superhero.

1. kittycat April 27, 2010

oh you should definitely get a cape!!

2. loft in soho April 27, 2010

I love the capes!!!!!!!!! good selection dear, I like all the outfits โ™ฅ.

xoxo

3. Joellen April 27, 2010

These are amazing

I forget you guys have opposite seasons. I want to visit Aussie!

joellenlove.blogspot.com

4. Zoรซ April 27, 2010

l o v e capes! that second bag is amazing.

5. Ally,The Vintage Valley April 27, 2010

ohh i fell in love with the first camel coloured one when i saw it on Sartoralist… i have a white one i love love love it!!! you definately need to find one XX

6. Mary April 27, 2010

I like the one in the bottom middle. Big arm holes ftw!

A question, does it take you long to stitch the different photos together? Like in the first photo, at a glance it looks like the two models might have been posing together. BUT if you look closely you can see the different textures in the ground. Just wondering. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. I think you will be quite jealous of my cape/poncho type thingy. It's light brown and has the prettiest pattern on it. It's not quite cold enough for it yet though.

8. Stompface April 27, 2010

heck yes! capes are wonderful, I have wanted one for sooo long but still have not got one!! this is not a good sign!

9. Dalena Vintage April 27, 2010

You should definitely invest! I love capes, it's like wearing a big cozy blanket all day.

10. Clara April 27, 2010

amazing pics
    you have a great blog!
    love it

11. a. April 27, 2010

capes are such great.
    there are some really greats.

12. Tuesdai Noelle April 27, 2010

Hey Soph,

I don't think I need to channel my inner superhero anymore than usual ha, I'll be looking straight from the pages of a comic book….I can be very plain from time to time or quite wacky….depends on how I feel that particular day ๐Ÿ™‚ The trenches are all nice.

13. owl and peacock : melina April 27, 2010

Capes are the best. I've got a couple (though lord knows I can't wear them in the middle of a Chicago winter, they're not THAT warm). But the only problem is, everytime I wear them, my boyfriend makes Dungeon and Dragon and Hobbit jokes. ๐Ÿ™

14. Fashion is a Playground April 27, 2010

Great selection ! ๐Ÿ™‚

15. soph (owl vs. dove) April 27, 2010

So I think the general selection is that I should get a cape pronto!

@Mary: It doesn't take me long to do the images. Just a bit of the lasso tool and copy/pasting in photoshop ๐Ÿ™‚

@Chloe: Sounds perfect! Can't wait to see it.

@Dalena: I'm all for wearing blankets all day (as long as it's not a snuggie haha).

@TuesdaiNoelle: fair enough haha. Ever since seeing that movie Kick Ass I've been feeling a little more superhero than usual. Probably not the best inspiration haha.

@Melina: Boo to the jokes! I was wondering how warm they are. I'm worried my arms would get cold. It doesn't really matter where I live anyway because it doesn't get very cold (compared to say, Chicago) in winter. Phew.

16. Amy Antlers April 29, 2010

I keep trawling Etsy and sighing over all the beautiful red ones (yes, I do have a secret desire to be Little Red Riding Hood). Wish they were more available in Brisbane!

17. Tumbleweed Woman May 5, 2010

Capes!!! Love it! They look so fun, but so classy. I think the best gift I've ever given was a red satin cape I made myself… my friend still frolics around in it ๐Ÿ™‚