Even if it does give you wrinkles.
So here are the things that I’ve learnt from the NYFW Fall 2010 shows:
1. It is now socially acceptable to drape yourself in velvet. George Costanza would be so happy (I really hope people get the Seinfeld reference).
2. Get nude. No, no, no, don’t start taking off your clothes. Just wear nude coloured clothing to give people the illusion that you’re buck naked.
3. Mixing prints and textures is the way to go. The more eclectic the clashing, the more expensive your outfit obviously is (ahem, Rodarte).
4. Slicked back ponytails are the new messy ‘do (but the I-just-got-out-of-bed-and-didn’t-have-time-to-brush-my-hair-but-doesn’t-it-look-fabulous-anyway look will always have a home thanks to all the hipsters out there).
5. No girl (or boy, if you were so inclined) should be without a red lipstick. Because if you wear red lipstick, you will be more fabulous.
Now, go forth and be fashionable (according to the standards set by NYFW, anyway).
And don’t forget to smile.
Image source: fashionista.com