and the boys

Angus and Julia Stone – And The Boys

What’s everyone been getting up to this weekend?

Yesterday I went on a day trip to Montville with some friends. It’s about an hour drive from where I live and it’s up in the hinterland and it’s generally just a nice place to be. There is an ace fudge shop there called fudgyboombahs. There is also an ace chocolate shop. And candy shop. There is also a clock shop which is good to poke around in. They play upbeat polka music and sell lots of cuckoo clocks and grandfather clocks and lots of cowbells (more cowbell!). It’s very touristy.

We also poked about in art galleries and looked at art we couldn’t afford. And then there was the walking around and taking in the scenery. No bushwalking though, as none of us was wearing appropriate footwear. We stuck to the main street and easily accessible lookout points. Although one lookout seemed to be the main hang for a swarm of dragonflies. That was a bit freaky. I took my Diana Mini and I used up a whole roll of film. Film flies when you’re having fun.

The day did have it’s downers though. Like encountering the aftermath of car crash on the drive home. We drove past just as the fire trucks and ambulances were arriving. It didn’t look like anybody was injured, though. Thank goodness. But it was still awful. I hate witnessing things like that. It just gives you the worst feeling.

But other than that, it was a good day out.

I was too pooped to go out Saturday night. I’m such a grandma. Now I have to figure out something to do today.

Hope you’re all having an ace weekend.

Apparently “ace” is my word du jour.

1. Tori January 24, 2010

angus and julia do me soo right
    & i am so happy i am not the only one who says ace.

2. Mae January 24, 2010

Wow, montville sounds really nice! Can't wait to see some of your photos! I hate seeing car crashes too, they're always surrounded by an air of sadness- what could have been, what's happened and what was lost.. Makes me uneasy!
    Haha don't worry about not going out on a saturday night – I'm like that too, sometimes I feel like an old person!
    Can't wait to read more! Happy Sunday 🙂

3. RUTH January 24, 2010

i agree car crashes ake me uneasy

4. Ducks Like Tea January 24, 2010

"I heart these kids. They always make ace songs. And have ace videos. And all their albums have ace artwork. They are just ace. I have a second cousin called Ace. True story."
    That part made me smile.
    I love Angus and Julia :).
    x.

5. ♥Lola January 24, 2010

Love Montville, that's where my boyfriend is from 🙂 And I agree that fudge store is so so good!

6. Ally,The Vintage Valley January 24, 2010

yummm fudge!!!! yup i love Angus n Julia (Angus is super dreamy):)

7. eva January 24, 2010

the music video is quite "ace" as you put it haha. the female voice is creepy & mesmerizing at the same time. how can that be? x

8. soph (owl vs. dove) January 24, 2010

Tori – you're ace 🙂

Mae – phew, at least I'm not the only one. Sometimes we all just need a break, I think.

Ruth – Definitely.

Ducks – glad I could put a smile on your face.

Lola – It would be so nice growing up there. I'm planning a trip back just so I can stock up on more fudge haha.

Ally – Yes! He is a dream boat. Even with his mega beard and everything.

eva – she definitely does have that creepy/mesmerising quality. Her voice just blows you away when you see her perform live.

9. HannahandSophie January 25, 2010

I totally agree with the car crash thing, theyre so aweful. Especially where we live, theyre so frequent and everyone knows everyone, so it always scares me that it might be a friend. And soo many people have died recently in the adelaide hills, its terrifying.

And i love angus and julia! although i deffinitely prefer Angus' band lady of the sunshine. I get slightly sick of julias voice. Helps that hes a massive babe aswell 😉

10. soph (owl vs. dove) January 25, 2010

H&S – That sounds so scary. I hope you and all your loved ones stay safe 🙂 Angus was always my fave. And then I saw them live. And I was a Julia convert. But then Angus's babe-ism won me over again haha.